23 ~ Shocking revelations

There she was standing in front of me. She kept looking at her feet though and I knew why. I felt horrible for making her feel nervous like this but then again it had been a few months that we had seen each other and I somehow hoped that she wasn't hurt anymore but I guess I was wrong.

"Do you want to come in?" Her head snapped up and she gazed at me with her piercing blue eyes as if she had forgotten were she was and I was wondering why she was so distracted. "Yes, thank you." She said hastily and she quickly walked pasted me. Then suddenly she stopped walking and I know why. The room looked like a mess but to my defence this was because I was unpacking and hadn't had a chance to clean everything up yet.

I know she likes a clean house and I know somewhere in her this is still her place as well as it is mine. She turned around and gave me a disappointed glare but she quickly recovered herself while she let out a deep breath, she then continued walking into the living room, she sat down at her old chair. "Uhm, do you want something to drink?"  I asked her and she shook her head "no thank you harry, I just need to talk to you." This made me nervous because of the way she said this and I knew immediately that this was not going to be good.

I quickly took place opposite of her and this took her of guard because this would mean she had to look at me the whole time. I knew this would make her uneasy. She never was good in serious talks so this must be hard for her and I was hoping that she wouldn't back out. She scraped her throat and looked me in the eye and when I looked at her I saw a sad expression forming in her beautiful eyes.

"Alright lets get this over with then" she softly muttered to herself even though I heard her loud and clear. I kept quiet out of fear of saying something wrong. "Ahum....I have to ask you something Harry and I need an honest answer" she said and I nodded "of course just ask me" she looked at me hesitant and I wish I could drag it out of her but I kept quiet again and waited for her to start talking again.

"The night we uhm had sex, did you use a condom?" Never in a million years had I expected that question and I stared at her dumbfounded and my heartbeat sped up because I knew where this was going even though I was hoping I was wrong.

"I tried to put it on but it didn't fit, so no I didn't, why are you asking?" I asked her now worried and she fixed her eyes at her hands were she was playing with her nails. she only did this when she was really nervous. "I I I'm asking this because

~

~"

 She sighed and looked like she was struggling to get it out even though I already knew the answer to that sentence. I still needed to hear it from her. "Just tell me Sam" I demanded because this was getting on my nerves.

"Because I'm pregnant, Harry." This knocked all the wind out of me and I could only stare at her and I looked immediately at her belly but there was nothing there and as I said when I saw her standing in front of me, she even looked skinnier then before and I was wondering how that was possible and somehow she knew what I was thinking.

"In the first few months there are no big differences Harry" she said apologetic and she was still looking at her hands and that's when I snapped. "You know you could at least look at me when you tell me that kind of stuff, Sam" I immediately regretted my harsh remark but she did look at me now with a angry glare and I sighed

"look I'm sorry for losing my patient but this is also hard for me and I'm not sure what to do here" that brought a worried expression on her face. She kept looking at me and then I thought of something because this was not all my fault right?

"I thought you would be on the pill or something like that and if you weren't why didn't you tell me this?" I asked her and she looked embarrassed "Don't be stupid Harry of course I was on the pill but have you never heard of the fact that the pill isn't always completely reliable and in this case apparently it wasn't, its not like I wanted this to happen and especially not after we broke up Harry." I could only stare at her because she was right and I felt so stupid to even suggest she had done this on purpose.