18 ~ What the hell?!

My alarm clock told me it's only 23.00pm, which sucked!. The pub was closed but I knew there would be still be some employees but I didn't care if they saw me in my pajamas so I went downstairs to check on the daily profit. "Hey boss, welcome back, are you feeling better?" One of my youngest employees asked and I had to smile at that because to be honest he was very attractive and he was definitely one of my favorites. "Yeah I'm good, sorry I had to leave guys"

"O that's fine boss," they all said together and I had to smile at that. I walked to the oldest of the bunch, she was also the one who'd did the closing and counting of the register.

"Rose can I talk to you for a bit?" I saw the colour draining from her face and I guessed what she thought and it made me stifle back a laugh but I also didn't relief her from suffering so I just walked into the office with her on my heels. "Alright sit down, please" I gestured to the chair in front of my desk.

I sat behind my desk and looked all-serious and she was now visibly shaken and I just couldn't restrain myself and I burst out in laughter, which shocked her. "God I'm sorry Rose but I'm not going to fire you darling, I just want to know how the day went!" I laughed and she was looking at me with a smirk and a bit embarrassed she shook her head "That was really mean what you did there Sam" she complained whilst laughing with me.

"I know but I just couldn't help myself, please tell me how everything went today"

"Everything went great, we made some profit today, not much but every little thing counts" she said proudly and I had to admit she was an excellent employee and I just had to reward her. "You know I can't do this on my own so I was thinking, what would you say to being an assistant?"

Her whole face lighted up and she was nodding her head so hard that I was afraid that it would fall off so I grabbed her face between my hands and hold it still. "So I guess that's a yes," I giggled. "That's definitely a yes Sam, thank you much this is exactly what I needed," she told me. That really made me curious but now was not the time.

"Alright then, from tomorrow on, you will be my assistant so go home and celebrate," I ordered her and she saluted. She made me snort which is not nice coming from my mouth. I only had to do some paperwork, after that I went back to bed.

I awoke with a startle because I really felt so sick that I just couldn't contain it anymore and I ran towards the bathroom, when I reached the toilet I threw up violently. I never felt this sick ever in my life. It felt as if I was dying and I couldn't stop vomiting and I had nothing left in me but I still couldn't stop gagging. At this point I had installed myself next to the toilet and I was crying so hard because it really hurt.

The next morning I woke up next to the toilet and I felt horrible and I had a major headache. I crawled into the shower with the hope it would sooth my headache a bit but when I tried to stand up I became so dizzy that I had to grab the shower curtain for support. Maybe Damon was right and I was really hit with the flu even though it wasn't flu season.

After that horrible shower, this because it didn't make me feel better at all I called Rose to let her know I wasn't coming in today "alright, don't worry I will take care of everything and you feel better okay!" she said, I thanked her and hung up the phone. I let myself fall on the bed and began drifting away again.

I only woke up when surprisingly Jane came up to give me some chicken soup and made me drink some water and then I drifted away again. But not from feeling sick but just because I was exhausted from throwing up so much last night. 

The next morning went exactly the same but I couldn't just stay in bed the whole day so I dressed myself and put on some make-up and took a painkiller and went downstairs. "Sam, what are you doing up?" rose asked but I thought that was a really stupid question. "Well I'm still the boss aren't I? So I can't afford to being sick more then one day." I explained to her. "But I was taking care of everything for you"

"Argh, I know Rose but I can't stay in bed the whole day so if you are looking for me I will be in my office!" I yelled annoyed and that had startled her because I had never yelled at anyone before but I was just feeling really hormonal and I didn't need her talking back to me today. I walked over to the office and slammed the damn door. 'Alright Sam, what now?' I asked myself whilst taking place behind the large desk.

For some reason I decided to check my old phone to see the messages, not that I was ready for any of them but I kind of needed to hear Harry's voice even though I know how sick that sounds but I can't help myself. The first message was Harry pleading me to come back and if I would please forgive him and that's when I realised I was crying. 'What the F!! I thought to myself and I was wiping the tears away angrily and I threw the phone back into my drawer.

There was someone knocking on my door and it woke me up. When I quickly looked into the mirror I saw that my keyboard was printed in my cheek. 'Yeah great' I growled to myself and that's when I also vowed to never talk to myself again.

"Come in!" I yelled and there was Mike with his lovely wife and she was looking at me suspiciously but not with the wrong suspicion though. "Are you feeling alright kiddo?" Mike asked and I was already nodding my head even though I felt like shit but I didn't want him to know that. It would probably be gone after a day or two and if not I would visit the doctor.

"I'm fine, I just have the flu I guess but its not so bad that I have to stay in bed" I tried to assure them and Mike bought this but when I looked over to his wife I saw she was not believing a word I was saying. She didn't say anything though and I really appreciated it. "Okay so now that, that is cleared up, we are here to listen to your thoughts about this place," he told me and I slightly panicked because I totally forgot about those plans but luckily I had written them down.

"Yeah my thoughts. Let me start by saying that this place is already lovely but it lacks a younger audience and that's something I would like to change by hiring a local band to perform live for our guests while they are dining and for the evening till 22.00pm. On Friday and Saturday I would like to stay open till 01.00 and also invite local bands and on a Sunday I would like to do a karaoke and the tips will be going to any chosen charity." I told them and they were looking at me, as of they were proud parents even though they weren't. "That's sounds amazing and I will give you the green light and will help you fund it because there will be a sort of remodelling the pub right?" Mike asked me politely.

"Yes that will be necessary" I told him because the pub was a bit old. "Then you will have my funding for this, so please make sure you have your plans by the end of next week and we will get started" I almost jumped up in pure joy because I never thought he would approve. Goodbye past, hello awesome future! I yelled in my head and I hugged Mike and said thank you to his wife and they left shortly after. I went into the pub to get some coffee when Rose grabbed my arm and pulled me into the toilet.

"What the hell Rose!" I said and she only smirked and gave me a test and I immediately looked her in the eyes. she immediately understood what I wanted from her, "You think I'm pregnant?" I asked her while the blood was rushing out of my face and my heart was beating so fast now "Yes I think you are pregnant!" she said simply and I stood there looking at her as of she had two heads instead of one but she didn't budge. "Why do you think that?" I asked curious and she smirked "Well you have 8 out of 9 symptoms so I think you are pregnant, so please take that test."

I was looking at the toilet stall and made my way over there slowly because if she was right I had to call Harry and tell him about this and if it was nothing there was something seriously wrong with me or it was just the flu. I was at the door and pulled it open and went inside. I pulled the box open grabbed the damn stick and peed on it for 8 seconds.

 Now we had to wait for two minutes and I was silently praying it was nothing more then a horrible flu or somthing like that. out of nowhere my alarm went of already and that's when I picked up the damn stick.