21 ~ Surprising turn

"You have to tell him, Sam!" Rose said and it almost gave me back my headache again. Why does she always have to bring Harry into the discussion, I mean I have said that I would see him when he gets back from America en I hadn't changed my mind about that, not even now.

"I know Rose and I will after he gets back from America" I sigh and she was actually giving me her pissed off look.  I don't want to deal with her scrutiny today, I don't have the patience for this. "Rose please go back to work" I asked sternly and I know it's a bit harsh but I really didn't want to deal with her judgment.

I will tell Harry but in my own time and she just have to accept that. I'm not a total bitch by keeping this a secret from him, that wouldn't be fair. I just have to wait another month and then I'll tell him if he still wants to see me that is. Or maybe he doesn't even recognize me anymore.

I continue work and I have to call the doctor to make an appointment for a sonogram to see if the baby was healthy. I know I shouldn't be happy about this but I just can't help myself. I still love Harry but I just can't see past what Kendal did and I'm just afraid that when I do trust him completely something like that happens again and he will leave me heartbroken. "Earth to Sam?!"

"Huh, what's wrong?" I asked when I looked up and Mike was standing in my door and I was wondering for how long he was standing there, I immediately felt my face burning because he caught me daydreaming.

"O hi Mike, what can I do for you?" I quickly ask and he only smiled at me as he entered but when he closed the door I got uncomfortable and it took me back to my dad, who also did that whenever he wanted to beat me. He quickly explained why he closed it "I'm sorry Sam but this conversation has to be in private because it's about your real name.

I was shocked because how did he know that I changed my name, I never told him this and when he saw the look in my face he only gave me a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, your secret is safe with me but I need to know why you changed it"

I was stupefied by his remark and I could only look at him but he just sat there waiting for an explanation. I knew that if I didn't say anything fast he would stay here all day till I eventually spoke.

"Uhm... Alright if you insist..." I almost begged him to let it go but I know he wasn't having bullshit, so I took a deep breath before I started telling him my story.

"Well as you maybe know I'm from Holland and I moved here just a few months ago this was to escape my father. He uhm... abused me for several years and when I couldn't take it anymore I began to safe up money for a new life" I had to take another deep breath because I didn't really wanted to ever talk about this ever again. "When I got my degree I immediately moved to London and I changed everything. My name, my hair, my clothes and I tried to keep low for when he decided to search for me"

I kept my focus on my hands that were intertwined and then Mike placed his hand over mine. This gesture made me look up and I saw how worried and sad he looked. "I'm so sorry sweetheart" I know he was pitying me but for some reason I really didn't care. "It's alright Mike, I'm safe now" I assured him.

"I know you are but I still feel sad about it because you are a lovely young woman and that's why I have talked to my wife about you. I mean you know that we never had kids right?" he asked, which I knew about and that made me curious. I kept still and looked him in the eyes. His silence made me nervous and I hoped he didn't want me to leave. "We did want kids but we couldn't"

"Hmm" I mumbled letting him continue. "We always wanted kids but there was never a connection when we starting getting into the adoption program, that is until we met you" my heart stopped for a bit when he told me that because I didn't know where he was going with this.