26 ~ An Old Friend

When I woke up the next morning, the bed was empty and I must have dreamed that Harry was next to me last night. Then my morning sickness came rearing up his ugly head and I had to run to the bathroom and I threw everything out of what I had ate last night and I already hated to be pregnant and I didn't understand why some woman love this time because there is nothing to like about.

Then I remembered my old best friend and I decided to give her a call because it really had been ages and I felt terrible for that because it was my fault and hopefully she would forgive me. She picked up her phone by the second ring.

"Melanie speaking" she said and I realised I really missed her and I sighed as I was struggling with the language as I have been talking English the last couple of months."Hi Mel, it's Sam" I said softly and she screamed so hard in the phone that I almost hang up gain just out of shock. "OMG Sam where have you been, lady" she scolded me and I did feel a bit ashamed of myself "I'm so sorry for not calling you after that last time but so much happened in those few months" I told her.

She scoffed and I had to giggle about it but I was too late to hold it in. "Tell me everything" She demanded with a semi serious voice "God where to begin. Well I have two good friends here, Jane and Damon and they really helped me through everything but I also had a relationship with." She interrupted me when ˆ wanted to tell her about Harry."Stop I know, I saw your pictures on the Internet. You have changed so much" She told me with a accusing tone, which made me feel uneasy.

"No I'm not. I maybe wear different clothes and I had a different hair style but it's still me" I assured her but she was already giggling at my answer."No it's not that and don't worry I don't think your dad would recognise you and just to let you know he is back in Holland" I was glad to hear that because now I didn't have to worry about that. "What do you mean then?" I asked her whilst making myself breakfast, I really longed for pancakes with a lot of sugar these days. "You're attitude has changed, you don't look insecure anymore" I was surprised when she said that because to be honest I still feel insecure most days but when I think about it.

I never felt insecure when I was next to Harry because he made me feel safe that is until I saw him with Kendal but I really have to let that go because I do believe him and I know that his mother was to blame for all this mess but I wasn't giving in that easy as he still broke my trust and I can't be with someone I don't trust. "Earth to Sam, are you still there?" I totally got in my own head again, I really should stop doing that."O god I spaced out, what did you say Mel?" I heard her chuckle "I said that I think it's a shame that you guys are broken up, what is that all about by the way?"

I sighed because secretly I had hoped that she wouldn't go there but of course she would. "Harry and I broke up in Canada because he cheated on me with Kendal but it wasn't what it seemed like" I sighed and I heard her sigh "So what now?" She asked me but I really didn't know.

"Well that's the thing Melanie, I will never be rid of him after our night in Toronto" I told her cryptically "What are you not telling me Sam, quit the crap and just tell me already" She shouted with curiosity "Damn alright, just chill already!" I took a deep breath and decided to throw it all out really fast "I'm pregnant for 2 months" I told her and it suddenly was very quiet on the other side.

"Mel?" I asked wearily."You. Are. Pregnant?!" she almost spelled it out and I felt a blush appearing on my face and I waited for her to yell at me and with her being so quiet I became more nervous with the minute, I even stopped making breakfast and there it came I heard her take a deep breath and I quickly pulled the phone away from me ear "YOU ARE PREGNANT, WHAT THE FUCK SAM!!!" She screamed at me.

"Yes but.." I tried but she wasn't done with me yet."NO BUTS, IS IT HARRY'S? IT BETTER IS OR ELSE I WILL PERSONALLY COME OVER THERE AND SLAP YOU!" I couldn't take it any longer and I burst out in laughter and it took her awhile but she joined me and that took about 15 minutes and I was crying, which started after 5 minutes into the laughter.