1 ~ Introduction

Melanie and I were waiting until we could buy tickets for the concert of One Direction. They were taking the "Were We Are" tour to the Arena in Amsterdam and we just could not miss it so we got out of bed really early for the presale started on the computer.

"Another two minutes Liz and I really hope that we will get through otherwise it will suck" said Mel super excited and loud in my ear and I didn't like that at all because we just woke up. I mean let me wake up first before people start screaming in my ear, I thought to myself. she was excited so it didn't really matter.

It was finally 10am so the tickets went on sale and thankfully we were through and I was shocked when I saw the prices but fortunately I had enough saved up for this so buying the tickets would;t be a problem. "WOOHHOOO we are going to the concert," we yelled together whilst we were jumping up and down on my bed when we suddenly heard a crack and yes before we knew it we were on the ground because we broke the bed by jumping on it.

"Haha... my parents are going to murder me," I laughed with fear in my heart. Mel and I could not stop laughing and suddenly my bedroom door flew open and there stood my mother watching us with open mouth and my father also came running in and when he saw what was happening his facial expression changed and I knew I was in trouble.

"Melanie it's time for you to go home," said my father sternly. This made the the fear creep in because this meant only one thing, I would be punished when Melanie was out the door.

After 5 minutes, my father came into the bedroom while I was trying to clean up. I was standing with my back to my father, I knew what was coming, and then I felt something against my head and before I knew what was happening, I banged my head against the wall.

"It's always the same with you Elisabeth, you have to learn to behave you ungrateful BITCH, what do you think we are rich! You will sleep on the floor from now on you hear me!" My father yelled at me and I had such a terrible headache that I sat against the wall and tried to make myself as small as possible before he left he gave me a kick in my side. This hurt so much that I saw stars but I did not want to show any weakness and thus remained as still as possible.

After what must have been a few minutes my mother came in and helped me up. "I'm so sorry, honey, but why canyou not behave, here let me help you get up," she said softly, and preferably I had pushed her away but I needed her to get up.

I let her help me until we were in the bathroom. "Mom, I can do the rest myself." And she sighed and left the bathroom. After she had walked out of the bathroom, I walked carefully to the door to lock it and then I walked to the mirror. What I saw there made me sick. I had dark long hair which was messed up and my blue eyes, which were red from the restrained tears and I hated my freckles on my face and I was not pretty slim, but plump at least I would describe it like that and I was not long, but small. I was 5'4 and I was covered with bruises.

I sighed deeply. 'Just a few more weeks' I said to my reflections, as I was planning to walk away as soon as I had finished school.

The next day felt like I was dead and gone to hell but if I stayed home, I was not safe so I decided it was time to go to school only three weeks to go, I thought to myself. "Yo Liz." Mel yelled when she spotted me. She hugged me and I froze instantly and this she noticed sadly enough and Mel pulled away and quickly lifted up the hem of my shirt and I saw her eyes widen, which made me quickly pull my shirt down. I turned swiftly and started walking away when I heard Melanie "Liz what happened yesterday after I went home?" She asked me and I looked at her "What always happens when I do something that is not allowed." I said with a angry tone and walked on quickly.

"Liz, this really can not go on."

"Mel just drop it okay. I don't want to talk about it. If I behave as if nothing happened I can forget it. let us just focus on One Direction. I only want to talk about One Direction and nothing more! " I told her as we were walking to our history class. She didn't bring it up for the entire day so the day went by pretty quickly. "Liz, I really cannot wait until the 24th of June we are going to see boys."

"Ah, I really cannot wait and I finally will see Liam! I cried, and that was followed by "Ahhh, and I'm finally seeing Louis" we hugged each other laughing and we were getting teased by our classmates because they were all anti One Direction. It was really stupid because the only reason they did not like them is that they are in a boyband. Well sucks for them because they are the ones that are missing out!

~

~

~

3 weeks later ...

It was finally time to get my degree I passed with high marks and I invited no one because the last thing I wanted was my parents to be involved and what they did not know was that I had packed my clothes and I would drive to England to build a life there.

I found a job in London at a starbucks and I had found an apartment. It was more like a studio, so I did not have separate rooms but that did not interest me. The only reason I would return to Holland is because of the One Direction concert.

The only thing I dreaded was that I had to say goodbye to my best friend but we had talked about it and she knew I was doing it to be free of my dad but it was still really difficult. Unfortunately there was no other option in my eyes.

"Liz, I'm going to miss you so much, but I promise I'll come visit you soon and I will not say anything to your parents, I swear!" She said as she hugged me, "I'm going to miss you too Mel but look at it this way we have a concert to look forward to and you know I will be staying in Amsterdam at a hotel so my parents wont find out." Melanie nodded, then she let me go, which was my cue to get in the car and drive to a new future.

What no one knew was that I had picked out a new name. This was made official two days back and my new name was now Sam Green and the rest had remained the same because I could not lie about the way I looked or my height. When I got closer to England it was like I lost a huge burden and it felt great.

After several hours of driving I finally was in London and I was shocked to see how busy the streets were because I certainly was not used to this in the Netherlands. Once I arrived at my apartment complex, I was pleasantly surprised that there was a parking garage and after I had parked my car I walked back to my apartment. I was happy when I saw that there was furniture but unfortunately no bed, so that meant the sofa was going to my bed for now.

"I'M FINALLY FREE!" I yelled loudly through my house and I danced through my apartment with you already guessed it One Direction in the background!

-----------------

A/N

Chapter one, lovely readers!

Let me know what you think of this first chapter by leaving a lovely comment maybe?

xx