59 ~ A new family member?

Harry was holding me tightly in his arms, when I realised that there still was a little boy hiding in our closet. I got up and walked towards that closet and opened the door slowly. The power was switched on just a few minutes ago, which made this all a lot better. The little boy was crouching at the back of the closet, he tried to make himself as small as possible.

"Hi sweetie, are you alright?" I asked the little boy, he couldn't be older then 5, from the looks of it, which made my heart clench. This was just horrible, why would someone want to kill a little 5 year old?

He turned his face towards me and I took in a deep breath when I saw his face. There were bruises covering all of his face. He was looking really scared and I saw he was trembling. I crawled in the closet and just spread my arms. He hesitated for a bit but luckily he realised that I wasn't the bad guy and he threw himself into my arms. "It's going to be alright." I told him softly, whilst carrying him out the closet. Harry was standing right next to it and his eyes almost popped out when he saw the little boy, who was hiding his face into the crook of my neck.

The police entered the room on that moment and registered the situation. They immediately cuffed the man and a detective walked up to us. "I'm detective O'Connell and you must be Sam, the one who called the station?"

"Yes, that's me." I shook his extended hand. He was looking around and his eye fell on the little boy in my arms. "Can you tell me what happened?"

"Well My boyfriend and me just stopped for the night and when he left, the power failed. I was putting on clothes when I heard a noise inside the room, which I immediately checked out and I detected this little one inside the closet but when I tried to get him out, the motel room flew open and there was a man there. "

Harry came walking to me with a glass of water, which I dearly needed, as my throat was really dry from all the yelling and being strangled.

"He asked me if I has seen someone but I told him no. He wouldn't believe me and attacked me and when he pressed the knife to my throat, Harry came back and got him off of me. He got attacked himself and almost died. I was just in time and when he got hold of me again he tried to rape me and that's when harry knocked him unconscious I think." Harry was nodding along with this and all the time I kept my hands over the little boys ears, he didn't need to hear these things.

"Thank you. You guys have to come with me to the station, to testify." We nodded and that's when the detective turned his attention to the boy in my arms. "Who is this, may I ask?"

"This is the son of that guy, he was hiding in our closet."

"What is your name young man?" the boy looked at me to see if it was okay to speak to the detective and I felt my heart skip a beat when he did that. "It's okay, tell him your name sweetie."

"My name is Aiden Willis sir." He said shyly and I could only think about the way I loved that name and if I had my baby and it would be a boy I would definitely name him Aiden.

"Is this boy family?"

"No he isn't, I have never seen them before today."

"You don't mind taking care of him for a little while?"

"No we don't." I said before Harry could protest. "Alright well, I'm going to give you some time to get changed and I will meet you outside."

"Thank you detective." Harry said and he turned towards me and stretched out his arms for Aiden. I looked at Aiden to check if it was okay but he nodded. I gave him to Harry and picked out some clothes.

I walked back into the bathroom and cleaned myself up a bit, which wasn't easy at all because I looked like hell. "Are you ready love?" Harry asked me through the door and I quickly got out of there and my heart melted when I saw the two men studying each other. I know I shouldn't get attached to the little boy on Harry's lap but I was already falling.