67 ~ A Miracle

A few weeks later I woke up and I had to run to the toilet. I'm not sure how long I was hanging above the toilet but Harry had joined me eventually to hold my hair. He was rubbing circles over my lower back. I felt absolutely horrible and I felt like I was puking my guts out.

"This is the fourth time this week, I really want you to see a doctor Sam." Harry whispered, as my head was pounding like crazy. "I will give him a call today."

"There is no need, as he is coming here." He told me, which really pissed me off for some reason. I really didn't like him stepping in like that but then again, I couldn't blame him, as I was really sick. Thank god that Aiden was going to school now, otherwise it would be even worse.

I didn't need him to see me like this. I was so happy that he was doing so well at school, he had some friends, got good grades and showed interest in soccer. I couldn't be happier but this illness was really pissing me off.

Harry lifted me in his arms after I rinsed my mouth and carried me back to bed. He gave me some painkillers, to lighten the headache before he went back to the studio.

"Love, the doctor will be here around 3pm, your dad will be here just in case you fall asleep." He said before pressing his lips against my forehead. I grabbed my laptop when I heard him leave. I was addicted to playing the Sims for some reason. I couldn't leave the bed, so this is what I did instead of sleeping.

Apparently I had fallen asleep because my dad woke me up. "Sweetheart the doctor is here to exanimate you for a second."

I sat up straight and told the doctor about my symptoms. He had a worried expression on his face but pulled out a cupping glass. I really hated those. I mean it's disgusting to pee in a little glass. I closed the lid and washed my hands before giving it to the doctor.

He stuck a thing into the glass and it turned pink. I didn't know what that meant but the doctor was shocked, which made me only more anxious.

"What's wrong doc?"

"Well miss I think I have to congratulate you."

"What do you mean?"

"According to this stick you are pregnant." He told me. If this was a joke it surely wasn't funny. There was no way I could be pregnant, the doctor had told us there was no way I could ever get pregnant again.

"That is really not funny doctor." I said angry. "I know, miss but the test really came out positive, I can try another one?" he said on which I nodded. Better be sure because if this were just a test being messed up, it would hurt a lot. Again the stick became pink, the doctor put another one in and that stick also turned pink.

"I don't know what to say here but you are really pregnant Sam." The doctor said with more certainty. I was just stunned, how in the world was this even possible? "What now?"

"You have to see a obstetrician in the hospital and a doctor, just to make sure that everything is all right. I will make an appointment right away. This way you can go see one today."

"Thank you." I said to the doctor. I got up and walked into the hallway where my dad was waiting. When he saw me, he was immediately worried, which was normal as I probably looked really shocked.

"What's wrong Sam?"

"I'm pregnant." Was all I could say. My dad's mouth fell open and I saw the confusion on his face. Yeah welcome to my world. How in the world was this possible? They did every test possible and every test said that I couldn't get pregnant ever again and now I'm pregnant. Harry's stuff must be really powerful, that's all I could think off. It even made me giggle a bit, which made my dad even more worried.

"How?" he asked and I just shrugged. I mean why would you ask me something like that. I didn't know that answer, maybe god was giving me a second chance? I don't know.

"Sam? You can go right away if you want?" the doctor said to me and I was already getting dressed. I let the doctor out before turning to my dad.

"Do you mind getting Aiden, dad?"

"Of course, let me know how everything goes." He told me and I nodded before getting into the car. I called Harry and was happy when he picked up. I would normally not bother him, when he is writing with the lads but this was kind of an emergency.

"Sam?"

"Harry, I am driving towards the hospital and would like to meet you there. It's really important."

"I'm coming." He hung up. I focussed on the road again, till I was parked in front of the hospital. I climbed out of the car and made my way into the hospital. I waited for Harry before walking towards the reception.

"Sam, why are you here?" Harry asked when he walked in.

"Maybe you should sit down for a second." I suggested, he did as he looked at me. I sat in front of him and grabbed his hands into mine.

"I'm pregnant." His eyes became big and his mouth fell open.

"That is not funny Sam." He said, which made me giggle, as it was the exact same thing I said to the doctor.

"I'm not making a joke." I said dead serious. We sat there, waiting for it to sink in when he suddenly jumped up and screamed. It got the nurses worried so they ran over.

"Is everything all right here?"

"YES, WERE FINE, WE ARE PREGNANT!!" he screamed at the top of his lungs. I laughed with him when he spinned me around. Suddenly he stopped and looked really confused. I was waiting for this moment.

"Wait but how is this even possible?" he asked me.

"I'm not sure but that's why we are here, to find out."

We walked over to the reception to notify that we were here for a check up. The nurse looked really bored whilst calling the doctor. Who came running immediately.

"Mr Styles, miss Mickaelson, follow me please." He said after he introduced himself. We told him the whole story and during the story he didn't interrupt at all.

"It seems that we have made a mistake. I just want to be sure by making a scan. Just to see if there is anything we have to do, to prevent the baby getting hurt or something like that."

"That's okay, can we do this now?"

"Yes of course, please follow me." I followed the doctor Harry was tagging along. I got into a hospital gown and took place. When the doctor put on the machine I felt a bit uneasy but it had to be done, just to be sure.

After a few minutes I could get dressed again. We took a seat in the office and waited for the doctor to come up with the results. Harry was holding my hand tightly in his. When the doctor came back the first thing I saw was his huge smile.

"I have good news for you, it appears you are indeed pregnant. You are now pregnant for at least 15 weeks. Is that possible?" he asked and I nodded because that was when we were on a holiday. It made me think back on that really relaxing bath.

The reason why we thought you couldn't get pregnant was because of a swelling in the uterus but this swelling is gone. Normally the swelling won't go away but in your case it did. Congratulations." He said and we shook his hand before leaving. We were still really shocked but it was a good shock.

When we came home, Aiden was making homework, whilst my dad was cooking dinner. "Aiden will you please come over here for a second?" I asked him. He looked up with a curious look but came anyway.

"What's wrong?"

"Would you like to have a brother or a sister?" Harry asked him.

"Yes, that would be nice, why?"

"Well because you are getting one." He told him, Aiden's smile was so huge that it was kind of contagious. His eyes went to my belly and went back to Harry, whom nodded.

"I'm going to be the best brother ever."