16 ~ new Job

"I was at Harry's but I just couldn't stay there any longer" I said to them. Hopefully they didn't see anything behind it because I really didn't want to explain myself. I just needed a place to stay for a little while. "So...Can I stay here for a little while?"

"Of course you can, let me show you, your room" I knew she was trying to be friendly because I would be sleeping on the damn couch as her kid had its own room which was totally normal and I actually didn't mind sleeping on the couch. "I hope you don't mind sleeping on the couch but I don't have any rooms left" she said embarrassed but I only smiled at her.

"Of course I don't mind, you're the best" I quickly hugged her and put my stuff down. I finally looked at my phone, which was full of messaged and calls from Harry and I decided to get another phone with a different number.

"Damon, would you go with me to the T-Mobile shop?" I asked him because I really did;t want to go alone. "Why do you need another phone?" He asked me curiously.

"This one is acting weird, so I thought it would be better to get a new one" I smiled at him and I knew he couldn't refuse it and I also felt guilty that I used his fondness for me to get him to come with me but I didn't want to go alone.

"Al right lets go then because the shops will close in an hour" I quickly grabbed my bag and before I was outside Jane stopped me."Wait, don't forget these because I wont be at home probably when you get back" she handed me the keys."O yeah, thanks Jane"

After that we left for the T-Mobile shop and when we got there I almost changed my mind but I knew I had to do this to erase him from my life, I just didn't want to get hurt anymore and after I had put all my trust in him, which he threw away just like that.

It's just better to have a phone where he couldn't contact me and it was not only him but also my dad who was also living in England trying to find me. I couldn't deal with all this crap at the moment. "So how was America or no wait Canada was it right?" I had to giggle about that because I also made the same mistake most of the time and I had to correct myself a lot. "Yeah it was Canada and for most of the time it was awesome but I just missed home a lot so I decided to come back." I explained before he asked me the usual questions but thankfully he dropped it.

"So how have you been Damon?"

"I have been good even though I really did miss you"

"I missed you to" after this he put his arm around my shoulder and that was how we were walking into the T-Mobile store and I decided to buy another IPhone and I got a new number. I felt a huge relief and I put my other IPhone away because there would be a moment that I want to read all those messages and the voicemails but that day was not here yet.

Tomorrow I would start at Starbucks and I was happy about that because it was a managing job so that was something. It was better then my previous job. I really wanted to change my hair and clothing style a bit. I knew it was almost closing time and after saying goodbye to Damon because he had to work I quickly went into a Hair salon.

"I'm sorry but do you still cut and dye hair, I mean I know its late?" I asked, the woman behind the counter looked at me like she wanted me to take a hike but you could tell she wasn't the boss around here. The manager at least I think she was a manager came up to me. "It would be our honour to help you, what do you want?"

"I want to cut my hair in a bob and I would love to dip dye my hair, if that's possible?" Hopefully she understood what I meant with that but she didn't hesitate one moment and she began cutting my hair and I was looking at myself in the mirror and almost stopped her when I saw how much hair was coming off. "Is there a way to turn that mirror around?" I asked them and the woman smiled as she immediately turned the mirror around so I couldn't see what she was doing.

After what felt like a whole day but in reality was only 3 hours she was finally done and I must be honest, I fell asleep at a certain point but that didn't bother her apparently. Around the end I woke up and she was just busy with the finishing touch and I couldn't wait for the results but I was also a bit nervous because I always had long hair. To my defence I was never aloud to cut my hair because my father likes to pull it when he abused me so this was for the best.

"I'm done" she said with a certain proudness in her voice and I became more anxious by the second. She turned the mirror around and I was shocked to see a beautiful young woman looking back at me and it felt as if I was a whole new person. A stronger person to be exact "I love it" I said to her and that made her smile. "Yeah I must say this is definitely a masterpiece" again with the proud voice and I quickly got up and hugged her. "Thank you so much" After that I paid her.

It was already getting dark when I stepped outside and I decided to visit the pub where I helped out sometimes, maybe I would find a friendly face because I needed someone to talk to and I just wanted a friend even though I had two really good friends but they were both working and I was pretty bored.

The pub was still very alive when I came in and I took my place at the bar. "Sam!" someone shouted and I almost went into hiding when I saw it was the owner. "Mike!" I said with pure joy, He is like a dad to me and I missed him.

He pulled me of my bar chair and gave me a bear hug which made me giggle and I finally felt home after two days in hell. "Where have you been kiddo?" he asked and I was just shook my head for that nickname. "I was in Canada with Harry Styles." I told him and that's when he got a confused look on his face. "Why didn't you tell me, I was worried about you Sam" He made me blush with that because I wasn't used to older people caring for me like that.

"I'm sorry Mike, I just totally forgot about it but I'm back now and I also have a new job" I said with a smug smile."Where are you going to work?" he asked sounding interested. "I will be working at Starbucks near Trafalgar Square as a manager," I proudly stated and he was just smiling." You know I could also offer you a managing job here if you want to" This shocked me because lets be honest I never saw that one coming and I was gaping at him. "You're serious?"

"I'm dead serious, You are amazing and a great planner, why wouldn't I hire you and I also want to stop working so much" I was looking at him as if he had two heads instead of one because I really wanted to work here. I loved this place and I knew a lot of people. The thing was though that I now had to call Starbucks and tell them that I wouldn't work for them and that sucked because I didn't want to disappoint anyone.

I looked at Mike one more time and I decided there and then that I would take this job. "Alright I'll do it Mike" I told him and the biggest smile ever appeared on his face. He lifted me again in a bear hug and I just couldn't contain my laughter any longer, "Okay, Okay you can put me down now" I told him whilst laughing and he quickly did. "Do you have a place to stay?"

"I'm staying at Jane's but I have to sleep at the couch there" I told him but he must've heard the sad note in my voice."I've got a loft above this pub and it's yours if you want it?" he offered and that's all I wanted. He was being way too nice to me."O my god, are you serious, of course I want it!" I was yelling by now because this day couldn't get better then this. I said goodbye and almost ran to Jane's house.

"Jane!"  She came running to me and we almost collided which made us laugh. I was totally out of breath but I couldn't care about that now. "Look I love you for letting me stay here but I have found my own place already" She looked a bit sad but she acted happy for me. "Where are you staying?" she asked feigning interest. "You know that pub where we had that charity evening, well above that pub is a loft and because I'm going to work there I can live in that Loft." I said enthusiastically and when she heard that I wasn't going anywhere she hugged me and after that I grabbed my stuff and ran back and got installed.