17 ~ Sick?

The next morning I was a bit disorientated and I had trouble of remembering where I was but then it all came back and it felt as if there was a weight lifted of me when I opened my eyes. I had my own place above the pub where I now worked. It wasn't really my dream job but it's an opportunity.

I looked at the clock on my nightstand and I let out a groan because it wasn't even legally morning yet. It was 5.30 am. 'Ugh why am I awake for crying out loud' I was mentally slapping myself but then I heard that noise again what woke me up in the first place.

So it wasn't my alarm clock but my old phone. I did not even remembered turning it on or was it still on last night. I was curious so I got out of bed but then I stopped because it could only be one person. I still didn't want to talk to him even though I did miss him a lot but he really hurt me and I was back at square one with trusting men. It was his own fault that he lost me, I mean he didn't have to kiss Kendal.

I felt myself getting angry and there was just no way that I could go back to sleep now. I wished I had punched that damn Kendal in the freaking face! "GOD I FREAKING HATE HER!" I screamed. Might as well do something with this time so I decided to go for a run.

To be clear I never run, I hate running but I just had to get rid of these angry feelings and energy so I quickly got some training shorts and a shirt and I put on some sneakers. I almost forgot my phone with my music on it. That would've been stupid. You can't go running without music so I ran back to the kitchen and put my headphones in and there I went.

Luckily I was living near Hyde Park because lets be honest running through streets was just a bit weird and not to mention all those people who would stare at you even though it was way to early to be up in the first place. When I arrived at the park I had to catch my breath. I couldn't breath normally at the moment, I'm really out of shape damn! I let myself fall on the nearest bench and I stayed there.

It was actually a really lovely place to think, things over. That's was also exactly what I was doing and I just had to think about Harry and I kept seeing him with that damn Kendal even though I tried to see past that but I was someone who couldn't let go of certain things and this really sucked because it also meant that I was my own worst enemy if it came down to relationships. I was someone who couldn't forgive easily and that was giving me a headache.

'Alright, lets continue this torture' I mumbled to myself but when I got up I became dizzy and I felt just terrible. I didn't eat before I started to run but I still felt nauseous for some reason. Ugh not today, I can't have the flu on my first workday as manager. I just have to suck it up for today! I quickly went home and thankfully I felt a lot better then before and I got myself ready for my first workday.

Later that day..

I forgot how busy it could be in this pub but it felt so good to do something and I was helping out by standing behind the bar and welcoming new guests. The only thing that was bothering me was the old music and thanks to that there were a lot of older people but I wanted to make this pub the best pub in the neighbourhood by getting live music during dinner.

But not only for during dinner but on Friday and Saturday till 01.00am and this would be for the younger crowd and yes I know we are living in London, there are enough nightclubs but that doesn't mean that everybody likes to go there and this would be a much better options for younger people.  I was writing this all down so I could discuss it with Mike when I saw a familiar face. "DAMON!!" I yelled getting looks from a few guests but they all looked as if they thought it was cute.

"Sam!" he said and he caught me whilst I jumped into his arms. He gave me a big hug and I was just thinking how lovely he smelled when I suddenly became nauseous again but this time I really had to run to reach the toilet.

Of course when I reached the toilets it was already over so I let myself fall on the floor just to catch my breath a bit before getting back out there. "Sam, are you alright sweetheart?" Damon asked whilst entering the toilet and when he saw me sitting there he lifted me bridal style and carried me upstairs. "Damon please put me down" I really didn't feel like getting touched by anyone at the moment and certainly not by the one person who would do everything for me.

He ignored me and I was getting pretty annoyed with him. When he reached my bedroom I was ready to kill him and I asked him again to put me down but he carried me nonetheless to the bed where he put me down. "Sorry but you are ill and you need to be in bed, I'm sure they can manage without you for those two hours."

"I'm not sick I just felt a bit nauseous but that's gone now, so I am able to work" I said though clenched teeth."I'm not hearing you and to prevent you from going downstairs after I leave, I'm just going to stay here for the rest of the evening" next thing I know he pulled of his shoes and climbed on the bed with me. "What are you doing?" I asked him, whilst he shifted towards me."Getting comfortable, so where is the remote control?"

"Wh..What are you nuts go away Damon!" I whined but this only made him chuckle. "Nope" he said and turned on the telly and started to flip through channels until he reached a movie channel. Ugh and of course his favourite movie was on. 'The Avengers' and yes I have to admit that's a pretty sick movie but not now!! "Can't you just leave please?" I begged him but he shook his head."Nope, I'm staying till you fall asleep" he said whilst smiling at me.

"Argh!!! You are so damn annoying!!!" I said without hiding my frustration."Yeah I know but still please just go to sleep Sam" I know he wouldn't leave even if I begged him, so I just obeyed him but if he still didn't know why I couldn't be with him this would be a big reason. He was too bossy and I really don't like that as a quality in a guy. That was a thing I loved about Harry, he wasn't bossy at all. Wait..

What did I say, god I need to stop thinking like that, it's not like I'm going to see him ever again. I thought sadly to myself and I felt a depression coming up because to be honest it was partly my own damn fault that I wasn't going to see him. I closed my eyes and felt myself drift off.

At some point I felt Damon get of my bed and before he left my room he touched my face and I had to restrain a shiver because I didn't want him to know I was awake. That's when I felt him kneeling beside me and he stroked my cheek hesitantly. he brought his fingers to my lips and he stroked them softly whilst he let out a sigh, which broke my heart. I know he was hurting because of me and the fact that I did;t love him the way he loved me.

"I love you so much and I just wish I was enough for you," he whispered to me and before he went away he kissed me softly on the lips. When I finally heard him close the door I let out a huge breath because that was really intense. I was feeling a bit confused of why he would do that in the first place. The risk that I would wake up and would slap him was big but then again it had to be difficult to be friends with someone you love deeply, who didn't love you back the same way.

I finally got out of bed and went into the bathroom to get changed because I was still in my work outfit and during the day it was really comfortable but now I just needed to get comfy with some loose clothing like my favorite pajama bottoms and a really comfy One direction shirt. Yes I like to sleep in a One Direction shirt but because of certain circumstances I picked a Crazy Mofo shirt to wear.