9 ~ Meeting the family

I woke up with a terrible headache and a blocked nose. Uhg great I'm sick at least that is what it felt like. I rolled over to Harry's side of the bed but it was empty. Maybe I dreamt that he was home.

But then again he hit Damon in the face yesterday, which was kickass but also slightly terrifying.  Whilst drowned in my own thoughts about yesterday the door opened and Harry walked in. He was only wearing his boxers and I didn't mind at all. "Good morning sleepy head, how are you feeling?" he asked with a smirk plastered on his beautiful face. "I feel awful" I whined whilst hiding my face in my pillow.

"Yeah that' s what you get when you drink too much. That's why I brought orange juice and a Advil with me" he was sitting on the edge of the bed and hold out the breakfast tray. I decided to just go with it.

When he placed the tray in front of me, he climbed over me to his side of the bed and turned on the telly. I cuddled against him when I finished the orange juice and Advil. "You know, I've missed you when we were on tour in Europe and I was wondering if you would like to go with us for the North America leg of the tour. I mean Liam is also taking Sophia with him." He asked nervously.

"I would love to Harry but what about my job, I mean I can't just take off" I told him and he fell silent because he knew I was right. "Alright then just quit your job" I almost fell from my bed because that was not what I was expecting "Harry I can't just quit my job! I have bills to pay and I need to have work If I want to live here."

"You can move into my house" My mouth fell open because this went way too fast but I also didn't want to say no "Are you sure, I mean we've known each other for less then 4 months. Aren't you afraid we're going to fast?" I asked him with a bit of a worry in my voice. This made him quiet and I knew that he was thinking it over again.

"You know what I'm going to introduce you to my mum and sister and if they approve of you then you're moving in with me and you are going to quit your job, deal?!"  he sounded so enthusiastic I couldn't say no. He almost jumped out of bed to call his mother to arrange a little meeting at a café.

I stepped out of bed but my body felt like it was so heavy that I knew I was indeed getting sick but I jumped under the shower and hopefully I would feel better after the shower. "Sam we will be meeting them in a hour so please hurry up a bit" I heard Harry yell through the door and with this I became even more nervous. I quickly did my make-up and my hair.

I pulled it in a loose bun. I decided to wear my black skinny jeans with a nice fitting shirt. I put my vans on. I walked out of the bedroom and Harry was already waiting and dressed. "Let's go" he grabbed me by my hand and pulled me along.

It was nice weather not too hot or too cold just perfect. We had to go by car because that was safer and quicker. We pulled up at a really nice looking restaurant. When we got out of the car Harry instantly got hugged by a beautiful woman and I assumed it was his mother and when she let him go a girl hugged him, this would be Gemma.

"Mom this is my girlfriend Sam and Sam this is my mom Anne." When she focused her eyes on me she instantly changed her cheery look to a protective look. "Hi mrs Cox, it's lovely to meet you" I said whilst handing out my hand which she thankfully took to shake "Hi Sam" and she just walked towards the restaurant. "hi I'm Gemma Harry's sister. Don't worry about her she will like you, as long as you treat Harry right." She told me whilst introducing herself.

Harry grabbed my hand again and together we walked inside. We where seated on the patio we only ordered some drinks and all his time his mother would stare at us. It really made me uncomfortable. "So where did you meet harry? She asked when Harry excused himself and I mentally yelled at him for doing this to me. "We've met at his concert in Amsterdam, Me and my best friend were delivering food for the guys and we got backstage acces and that's how we met."

"Are you a fan?"

"I am a massive fan" I told her in all honesty. I saw immediately that she didn't like this one bit. "So are you with him because he is in one direction and has money?" she asked and my mouth fell open again "That is really rude but no I'm not together with Harry because of his fame or money. I'm not a gold-digger" I told her angry. She really pissed me off "You can't really be mad at me for asking that, he is my son and I don't want him to get hurt by girls who are after his money" This was the last straw if I was feeling better I would've been patient but not today.

"Listen I wont sit here and let you talk to me like that. I'm don't want your son's fame or damn money. I work hard for my own money and yes I'm not that rich but money isn't everything and I really don't want to be famous. I had a awful youth so before you judge me you should get to know me first and if you will excuse me now I'm leaving!" I almost yelled and stood up.

When I reached the door someone yanked me back this startled me and I felt a panic attack come up. "It's okay baby, It's just me" harry said near to my ear and I instantly relaxed "I'm sorry Harry I couldn't stay there while she was insulting me" I said to him. It really hurt me the way she acted. "You have passed the test sweetheart. She was just testing you and I think she likes you" he laughed probably because the way my face looked at this moment.

"Does she do that to every girl you bring home?" I asked astonished "Yeah pretty much" he said sheepishly. My mood shifted immediately and he took me back to the table where his mum sat with a big smile on her face "I'm sorry Sam but I just had to be sure" she said whilst I was sitting down again. "I understand why you did but it still sucked" This made her laugh and it was also the icebreaker. It turns out that she was actually really nice and Gemma was awesome.

~

~

 2 hours later..

"Mom I asked her to move I with me and come on tour with me and the lads but she refuses to quit her job, what can I do to change her mind?" Harry asked while I was walking back to the table. They hadn't seen me yet so I decided to eavesdrop for a few seconds. "I don't think you can make her Harry, she obviously thinks her job is important, where does she work?"

"She works at Starbucks but she has so much more potential, I just wished she saw that." I heard his mom sigh and I almost felt guilty for being insecure "Do you mind telling me what happened to her because it obvious that she isn't from England" she asked and Harry began telling her the story I told him and I almost felt embarrassed because of it. "Now I understand why she defended herself that much against me. Poor girl, so she moved here and changed her name just to feel safer"

"Yes and that's also a reason I want her to come with me, so I can keep her safe and I will make sure she can follow any education she wants, I want her so badly mom but she is not really letting me in and that's all thanks to her past" he said sadly and I knew this was my sign and I walked back in. "I'm sorry there was a line" I said but they kept looking sceptical.

"Sam why don't you want to move in with Harry?" she asked me out of the blue. I wished I could lie but I was terrible at lying "I think we are going way to fast and I'm afraid that because we are moving this fast it will end" She looked at me with understanding in her eyes "Does it feel right between you two?" she asked again and I almost felt like I was in therapy.

 "It does, it feels like we have known each other forever"

"Alright then why wait?"

This made me think about it and I knew she was right but did I want to say that aloud? Because if I did there was no way back (figuratively speaking). I looked at Harry and back to my hands and I felt that I was blushing "Mom would you give us a second please?" I heard Harry ask softly and she excused herself. When she was gone I felt Harry's hand under my chin. He lifted it up so he could look at me. "Love you don't have to do anything you don't want but I just want you near me, so please quit your job and move in with me?" he begged me and I knew I was sold.