42 ~ Scary Times

Harry Styles pov

After a long day we were finally done and could go home. Don't get me wrong I love my job but I really don't like giving interviews. Sometimes I just wish we could only work on our music and share it with others without giving interviews because they always asked the same questions. We should just make a tape with our answers and send them to the networks but that is just impossible. They drain you of energy and you need your energy because when you step outside the building a lot of fans are waiting for you to sign stuff and take pictures.

I checked my phone when we took our seat in the car and there wasn't a message from Sam, which was weird because normally she would text me when she gets home but not this time. I tried calling her but I got her answering machine, which was also really weird. That only happened when she was angry with me but I know she wasn't mad. Hmm weird, she's probably just taking a nap or a bath. I shrugged it off, I mean what could happen in those 6 hours right? She did promise me that she would make dinner and my stomach growled at me when I thought of food. I hadn't eaten for at least well 6 hours to be exact.

I looked over at the other lads and Niall, Louis and Liam were sleeping but Zayn was just staring out of the window looking miserable. I was really worried about him. I mean the way he is acting lately, always moping around and he's almost never smiling anymore. I wonder what is on his mind. "Zayn, are you alright mate?" He looked up and gave me a half smile "Yea just tired ya know" he said and I did believe that although that wasn't the only thing but I wasn't going to push it.

"I know how you feel, I feel like sleeping for a whole week" He nodded and turned his focus back on the road. I began to feel drowsy so I closed my eyes and I only woke up when someone shook me awake. "Yea Yea I'm up" I said sleepily and opened my eyes. Niall was giving me a wide smile and when I looked outside I saw that we arrived at my house but what worried me the most was that there was no sign of Sam in the house.

I know that her car is still in the driveway but that's because I ordered a car for her so she didn't have to drive herself. The thing that worried me was the fact that there were no lights on in the house, which was strange as it was dark.  "Mate she's probably just sleeping" Liam said and I nodded "Yea you're probably right" I waved them goodbye as I made my way up the stairs.

I know that there was a possibility that she was asleep but something didn't feel right about this, I couldn't put my finger on it and it drove me literly crazy. I opened the door and called her name but there was no response so I ran up the stairs to check the bedroom. She wasn't there and just to be certain I checked the bathroom but she wasn't there also.

I felt a panic coming over me. I mean she didn't leave me right. I ran back to our bedroom and checked the closet but all her stuff was still there, nothing was misplaced. I decided to give Jane a call to ask her if Sam was there. "Jane speaking"

"Jane it's Harry, Is Sam still with you?"

"No, she should be at home"

"She isn't here, when did she leave your place?"

"Like 2 hours ago"

"God, she didn't come home"

"Did you try her parents or the pub?"

"No I haven't, I will do that immediately, thank you Jane"

"No problem, I will keep an ear out and will call you when I hear something"

I thanked her again and hanged up the phone and called her parents but they hadn't seen her as well even though she would visit them, after that I called the pub and got Rose on the phone. She also didn't see Sam and that's when I couldn't contain my panic attack. I never have a panic attacks but this surely felt like one and I quickly called Niall and thankfully he picked up the phone. "Hazza what's up?"

"She didn't come home Niall" I almost yelled through the phone and it was silent for a second. "I'm coming over" I sat there with the phone still against my ear not knowing what to do, when Niall stormed in. "Harry did you call the police already?"

"What..No I haven't"

"Let's begin with that" He pulled out his phone and called the police and next thing I know I hear sirens getting louder but I'm still in a state of shock when Niall let them in. He also had called the other lads who were also barging in and Liam grabbed me a glass of water to get me out of this ridiculous state. "Mr Styles, when did you last see Sam?"

"This morning before she went to Ikea"

"Have you tried to contact her driver yet?"

"No, I haven't"

"Can we have his number?"

I gave them the number of the taxi company and after 10 minutes they returned with a sad look on their faces "I'm sorry to announce that the driver has been killed and it looks like they took Sam with them" he said and I felt the blood drain from my face. "What now?"

"It's probably about money, so now we just wait till they call for ransom" I nodded and sat down at the table and I put my face in my hands. "I shouldn't have let her go by herself" I blamed myself. Someone placed his hand on my shoulder to calm me down a bit I guess. I shrugged it off when the cops came into the kitchen.

"This is the plan Mr Styles. We are going to tap your phone so we can find out their hiding place because they probably will call you for money" I only nodded going along with it and hopefully they would call soon because I wanted Sam back alive. I would give them everything I owned to just get her back in one piece and not only her but the baby as well.