Stupidly Brave

Jett's POV

I walk into the meeting and look around for my friends. I don't know about my friends, but I am excited to help with the incoming first years. I want to make SOTUS as unlike mine as much as I can do. I want them to experience the acceptance I found when I came here. I wonder if that has to do with the group I was accepted into or if it would have been the same no matter who I ended up hanging out with. But my seniors and friends are unmatched, and I feel lucky that I came to be a part of their circle.

"Over here, Ai'Jett," Aim calls, waving. I smile, remembering he was the first one I met besides P'Tutah and P'Bright. After my experience at my first university, when Aim warned me if I didn't accept his friends for liking the same gender left me almost speechless, but it gave me hope.

"Hurry up, you big buffalo," Oak laughs, and I go over to join their table. I look at everyone and frown.

"Where are the girls?" I ask.

"P'Tip and P'Tan," Kongpop begins to explain, "Just came and took all the girls with them."

"Do you think they are getting secret instructions?" Tew wonders, "I mean, we are all helping the first years. Why would the girls need to get briefed separately." I have to agree.

I look around the room at my other classmates that were chosen to help out. I feel slightly ashamed that I can't name many of them.

"Ai'Tew," One of them calls from across the room. I wave at Dee, who is sitting with the guy, "Do you know where they took the girls? Milk is running late and wants to know where to go?"

"I don't," Tew stands, "But I will go ask."

"Once the class president," Wad begins, and we all finish, "Always the class president."

"And he wonders why he was picked," Oak shakes his head.

"He was picked because the poster boy over there refused," Aim grins at our friend, who wads up a piece of paper and throws it at him.

"I had enough on my plate," Kongpop growls.

"You mean you had P'Arthit on your plate," Tew says behind him as he returns to our table, "Ai'Ek, they are in the Mech classroom." Tew sits down and looks at Kongpop, "You hadn't been picked for Moon yet, so the only thing you were dealing with was one little monster."

"Little monster?" A voice repeats, and I notice a smile split Kongpop's face, whereas Tew's drains of blood. I look up to see some of our seniors standing there.

"P'Arthit," Tew says shakily, "Why are you here?"

"I don't know, nong," P'Arthit sits down by Tew with a grin, "Why would your former head hazer be at a meeting called by the new head hazer?" I move over to let P'Tutah sit by me and duck behind him to hide me laughing when P'Knott hauls his friend up from the chair.

"Go sit by your nong," P'Knott chuckles as he pushes P'Arthit aside. P'Prem is behind Aim and is busily poking Aim in the back.

"I am moving," Aim growls, "Give me some time to gather my shit, P'Prem!"

"Explain to me why you guys walked off and left me," P'Bright shouts from the door, "And leave my nong alone, Ai'Prem!" P'Prem holds his hands in the air as he and his friends laugh.

All of our classmates look from Aim to P'Bright. This time P'Tutah hides behind me as he laughs at Aim, who is getting flustered.

"Whoa! Whoa! WHOA!" Aim waves, "I am not that kind of nong!" He denies, "I am dating May!"

"We still wonder why you are not dead," Dee teases from his table.

"Shut it," Aim throws something at him. "At least I have a girlfriend."