Threats

Tee's POV

This is so not how I wanted to spend my morning. I look around the office and sigh as I rethink my actions for the past few weeks. I am desperately trying to figure out what put me on Professor Punyawong's radar. I hadn't been late or missed any assignments. I shift in my seat and notice a photo on her desk. Leaning forward, I see a smiling Professor Punyawong with two kids.

"She can smile," I say under my breath.

"Despite popular belief, N'Tee, I am human," A voice says behind me as I close my eyes and pray that I haven't just dug my hole deeper. I stand up and wai my professor. "Just sit, N'Tee."

"Yes, ma'am," I mumbled, sitting back down.

"I guess you are wondering why I called you in here," Professor Punyawong starts.

"Yes, ma'am," I reply.

"Your father called me last week," She begins to explain.

"My dad?" I sit up, surprised. My dad called her? Why?

"Yes, your father," Professor Punyawong nods, "I am glad he did."

"Ma'am?' I ask hesitantly, "What do you mean?"

"He told me about the case you are involved in back in Chang Mai," Professor Punyawong continues as she leans forward, "This concerns me considering your internship is in Chang Mai. Your father informed me that you were threatened by the person involved."

I clench my jaw to keep myself from saying something rude. Why did my dad tell my intern supervisor about Rain's stupid threats? I can't believe he took that dumbass seriously. Rain's idiotic threats are just him blowing off steam.

"Ma'am," I say, "I don't know why my dad would contact you about this...."

"He is worried," Professor Punyawong interrupts, "I can understand why." She pulls a folder in front of her and opens it, "I now feel uncomfortable with placing you in Chang Mai for your internship."

"M-Ma'am," I sputter.

"I understand," Professor Punyawong stops me, "I know the company you were placed with was your first choice, but I will feel better if I assign you somewhere here in Bangkok."

"But," I try again.

"N'Tee," Professor Punyawong closes the folder and looks at me, "Your father is in law enforcement. I believe if he is concerned about the threats you have received, I also have to be concerned." I go to interrupt, but she holds up her hand to stop me. "You might think that your father is being overprotective and that the threats are nonsense, but after what happened here last year, I would be negligent to dismiss this. I am sorry, but I can't ignore it."

When Professor Punyawong mentioned last year, I realize why my dad might be doing this. After he found out about my involvement in the Dean scandal, I know he was angry. Since I had kept silent about what happened to me, I had made my dad, someone whose whole life is about protecting people, feel like he failed me.

"I understand," I stop fighting the inevitable, "Where will I be placed?"

"I decided that I will place you at Siemens," Professor Punyawong hands me a packet, and my heart stops at the name. Siemens? Can it be the same place? I can't be that lucky.

"Siemens?" I repeat, taking the packet from her and looking inside.

"I don't know if you have heard, but they are part of the new internship program," She smiles across at me, "I don't know the details, but I know several students from the Engineering faculty will be interning with Siemens this year."