Unity

Ice's POV

"I will pick up the tools and meet you at your place," Arthit tells me as we get up from the table.

"OK," I nod and look at the others. Before, I would have just gone by myself. This whole group thing is new to me. I might have learned the lesson of Unity during my SOTUS, and though I am social, I didn't really have a group of friends until now. I shrug before I add, "Does anyone want to come with me to buy the lock?"

"I think we should stop by your place so we can make sure we buy the right one," Knott points out.

That makes sense. Let's face it. I might be an engineering student, but when anything needed repair at my house, P'Un was the one who dealt with it. Geez. I sound like a spoiled brat. I should help P'Pla and P'Un out more when I am home.

"Sounds good," I agree and look at the others. "Who else is coming?" Prem looks up from his phone.

"I am free," Prem answers. We all look at Bright and Tutah. Bright grins and throws his arm over Tutah's shoulder.

"We have a double date," Bright grins.

"We do?" Tutah looks at Bright, obviously unaware of this, and starts trying to pry Bright off of him.

"We do," Bright winks at his friend. I just shake my head. "Let's go, Ai'Tutah." Prem, Knott, and I watch as the pair begin bickering as they leave the room.

"Should we let Ai'Bright kidnap him?" Knott asks.

"Do you want Ai'Bright to help us?" Prem looks at his friend. Both Knott and I shake our heads. Prem shrugs at that and says, "Then we let Ai'Tutah get kidnapped." I glance down at my hand when I get a notification along with the other two.

Toot: u will die! all of u!

Pink Milk: y am i dying?

T: ??

I frown at Tee's response.

RBF: u would have to plan our funerals

Papa Knott: that is a lot of funerals

Manatees: and u would be left with bright

Dim Bulb: ...

Toot: ...

Pink Milk: WHY AM I DYING?

Pink Milk: ...

I grin at my friends, and they grin back at me. We made Tutah have second thoughts. And poor Arthit. He wasn't even here. I wonder what Tee is thinking about this, and I am reminded he hasn't answered my message yet.

"Come on," I tell them, shaking my head starting out of the door. I stop when I find Tee sitting on the bench across from the classroom. Knott touches my elbow, and I turn to him.

"We will go look at your door and get the lock," Knott tells me. He frowns at Tee. I know they are good friends, and he is worried about Tee.

"We will meet you back there," Prem adds, patting Knott on the back before giving him a push to get going.

I watch them leave before I join Tee on the bench. We sit there for a moment in silence. I glance down when he takes my hand that was resting on my thigh and holds it.

"I messaged you," I tell him quietly.

"I know," Tee replies, "I was in a meeting with Professor Saenamuang when you messaged." I nod.