Know Your Seniors

Maprang's POV

I clap along with the other my friends as we lead the first year through the introductions. After what we heard happened in the afternoon with the guys, all of us are glaring at the two who have decided to make it a mission to stalk our friends.

"What's your name?" I mindlessly sing along when the doors to the meeting hall swing open in the back, and just like last year, the hazers make their way to the front of the hall. There is a quiet murmur amongst the seated nongs as they stare at the incoming hazers.

Prae elbows me, and I smile. We file out of the way as the seniors walk onto the stage to stand glaring down at the first years. We turn to watch P'Yacht address the first years. He was such a sweet guy last year, and this year he has the same murderous look P'Arthit gave us that day. I guess they really do teach that to hazers.

We watch as the hazers spread out on the stage and P'Yacht steps up in the center. He looks around at the students sitting on the floor. He stops on one, and I quickly follow his gaze and smile when it is the same nong I have been glaring at this whole time.

"Sawasdee," P'Yacht greets the nongs, "My name is Yacht. I am a third year and your senior in the Faculty of Engineering" He looks directly at the nong before he continues, "I am in charge of monitoring you throughout this year." He continues as he looks around at the other nongs, "This is to ensure that you stay disciplined and comply with all the rules of our faculty." He once again glares at the one nong, "I expect to get full cooperation from you."

"We would like to congratulate all of you for being enrolled into the Faculty of Engineering," P'Nu addresses the first years.

"But..." P'Yacht interrupts P'Nu, "I don't consider you to be my official nongs yet."

"Do you think this is a script they learn?" May whispers in my ear, "Isn't that what P'Arthit said last year?"

"I don't know," I answer, watching everything from a new perspective. I smile when P'Yacht reaches in his pocket, and I touch Oak's gear that I wear under my shirt.

"Until..." P'Yacht pulls his gear from his pocket, "You have earned this."

I glance at the group of first year nongs when I hear a murmur and frown.

"Gears are the cogwheels that work together systematically for a mechanism," P'Yacht continues, "If one is missing, gears can not function properly. That is why the gear is the symbol of an Engineer. It symbolizes honor and dignity but doesn't represent just one person but us all."

Prae nudges me and smiles. It seems like yesterday we heard this, but now it has so much more meaning.

"Before you can call this gear badge yours," P'Yacht says, "You must learn and understand the meaning of SOTUS."

"You must also come to first year meetings every time," P'Song states, "You must be on time and respect your seniors."

"Finally," P'Yacht starts again, "You must follow all my orders. Understand?"

"Understood!" All the first year nongs reply. I watch as the nong we all want to kill rolls his eyes.

"Do all of you want to know us?" P'Yacht questions, "Do you want to know your seniors?"

"Yes," A few nongs reply. I smile at the weak answer just like what we did and wait for P'Yacht to make them repeat it.

"DO YOU WANT TO KNOW YOUR SENIORS!?!" P'Yacht shouts.

"YES!" All of the first years respond louder as the door at the back opens once more. I smile when my friends walk in and come to stand by us. I notice the nong is also watching.