Fates

Bright's POV

"The phone is clean," Tee's friend says, setting it down. The only tracking app is the one you guys are using." He taps the screen, "I uninstalled that one also."

I glance over at Kammon. I am glad there was no other tracking hidden on his phone, but now the one we used is gone too. What if something happens? How will we find him?

"Why did you take that app off," Mai asks. The girls had joined us when Tee's friend came this morning. N'Prae is sitting with N'Faii and P'Boon. I am sorry N'Faii's first outing with us has to be something like this, but looking around the room, all of us started our relationship in the middle of a monster hunt. Maybe it is what made them so strong.

"We don't know the skill level of this stalker, and I think underestimating this person is not a bright idea," Tee's friend says, "If he can copy this phone, it gives him access to that app. So it is best to remove it. I also turned off Find My Phone for the same reason, but since it was on, that means here is the last recorded location." He looks at Kammon, "I suggest you change passwords on your accounts." Kammon nods. "Make them hard, nong." Kammon nods again.

"How are we going to track Kam?" N'Maprang asks, looking worried.

"I suggest something a little low tech," Tee puts in, "There are GPS locators that utilize the cellular network but aren't a phone. One of you will have to have the app on your phone." He looks at the group and stops at me, "I am sorry, Ai'Bright. I don't think it should be you. It could be others in the group.

"Why not me?" I demand, "He is my boyfriend."

"You are a target, moron," Kammon slaps my shoulder, "You have been threatened. I am just the prize." I look down at my boyfriend. The thought of anyone thinking he is a prize makes me see red.

"You are not a prize," I growl.

"Then what else would you call me, B," Kammon snaps, "You said yourself that this person wants me to themselves. That makes me the prize." Kammon glares up, challenging me.

Turning away, I ask, "Where can we find one of these GPS trackers?" The sooner, the better, I think.

Tee's friend picks up his bag and pulls out a package, "I brought one."

I take it from him suspiciously, "Why do you have one with you? It seems convenient."

The guy snorts, "Because I was told to find an alternate tracking option. That is why." He looks at Tee, "This group is not a trusting one, is it."

"If you had their year, you would understand," Tee shrugs, "There is a reason all of them have that tracking app on their phones."

"How much?" I ask, pulling out my wallet.

"Nothing, nong," The guy grins, "Don't worry about it. The company I work for sells this." He taps the box, "This is an unregistered sample. All you need to do is buy a SIM card to put in it."

"Why would you do this for us?" Arthit questions picking up the box, "We are nothing to you."

"I did it for, N'Tee," The guy smiles, "He might not remember, but his dad saved me from going down the wrong path when I was a kid." He looks over at Tee, "I stayed at your house for a month when you were in Middle School." Turning to me, he adds, "This is me paying it forward. Thanking the fates for letting me meet N'Tee's father." He stands up, "N'Tee, you have my number. Contact me if you need my help. And here." He hands Tee a piece of paper, "These are the IPs used for most of the posts on that IG account. They said to pass it on to you." Tee frowns at the paper before he hands it over to Kammon.