Apologize For Loving

Bright's POV

Dim Bulb: hey

Pink Milk: hows u

Dim Bulb: good

Papa Knott: liar

RFB: truth bright

Toot: tell them

Dim Bulb: i did

Bright's Keeper: 😠

Dim Bulb: y is he here?

Toot: cuz he is ur keeper

Bright's Keeper: sorry p

Dim Bulb: u did nothing to say sorry for kam

Dim Bulb: i will call u later

Bright's Keeper: kk 😘

Dim Bulb: 😘

I look over at my friend and growl, "You didn't need to include him."

"Yes, I did," Tutah hisses back at me, "You haven't told him, Ai'Bright. He needs to know!"

"He is dealing with a fvcking stalker and his father," I shout, "He doesn't need more to deal with!" I frown down at my phone when it rings. Fvcking hell! Why is Knott calling?

"Answer," Tutah tells me, "We need to talk."

"Fine," I huff as I answer the call. "What? I don't want to do a... Fine! Whatever!" I switch over to a video call and groan when Knott proceeds to add everyone to the call. "Why the hell did you add Ai'Tutah? He is standing beside me!" I glare at my friend, who is smiling at me.

"Because," Knott tells me. "So..." He starts but trails off, making me snort. Yeah. I didn't think you guys were ready for this conversation.

"Has your father tried to find you?" Prem asks, and I point behind him at Wad. Prem looks back, "He has his headphones on." I just stare at my friend. "Fine!" All of us get a good look at the ceiling in Prem's room as we listen to him, "Wad?"

"Shit, Prem!" Wad shouts, "Don't fvcking sneak up on me!" Wow! I didn't know Wad spoke to Prem that way. He always seems so courteous.

"Can you go to the kitchen?" Prem asks.

"Why?" Wad questions. Prem must have mimed or whispered why because the next thing we all hear is, "OK. Later, P's."

"Later, nong," Knott and Arthit say at the same time. When Prem comes back into view, he glares at me.

"What did you tell him?" I ask.

"That you were on your period," Prem snips.

"Fvck you," I hiss.

"Ai'Bright," Knott warns. "Answer Prem's question."

"I can answer it," Tutah says, "Not that we can tell."

I thought my parents would have been here that afternoon after they woke up and found me gone. But the afternoon came and went along with the rest of the week. They really don't care.

"Ai'Bright," Arthit says, "Just because we don't know they have tried doesn't mean they haven't. They could be waiting you out."

"Every time I run away," I inform my friends, "I come here. They know that. You all know it. How hard can it be to find me?"