Afterthought

Wad's POV

"Can I talk to you six..." P'Yacht says and stops. He gives a little head shake before he continues, "You seven after the meeting?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Kammon do a little fist pump. He is still attending our meetings and doesn't show any sign of stopping. The seniors and classmates have just decided to ignore him.

"Sure, P'Yacht," Tew answers for all of us. I guess I will have to message Prem that I will be late for lunch.

"Thanks," He smiles and walks back to join the other members of the Hazing team.

"I wonder what he wants?" Jett asks, watching the seniors.

"He probably wants us to kill Ai'Kam," Oak says playfully, and we all laugh when Kammon wads up a piece of paper and throws it at him.

"Then why would he have included me, moron?" Kammon asks.

"You were obviously an afterthought," Aim grins. Kammon sticks his tongue out at him.

"Why don't you just switch to Engineering?" I ask. It would seem the logical solution.

"I like architecture," Kammon shrugs. "Designing stuff is fun, and I can hire all of you to help build it."

"Wrong engineering," Kongpop states, "We are industrial engineers." After a moment, he asks, "If you like architecture, why did you start in econ?"

I don't know about the others, but I am shocked Kongpop asked this. It is not like Kammon changed just because he wanted a change. He switched because of all the mess that happened in his faculty.

"Wow!" Kammon puffs, "You don't pull punches. Now do you?"

"I am sorry, Ai'Kam," Kongpop sighs. "I had originally wanted to be Econ," He explains, "I am not because of my parents. I just wondered."

"You know last year would have played out so differently if you had gone to Econ," I say. The rest of our friends nod.

"Do you know how many times I have randomly thanked my parents for making me become an engineer?" Kongpop grins. "My sisters finally told me to stop."

"Well, I am happy you are one of us," I sigh. I am sure the biggest reason he is thankful is because of a surly senior.

"My father picked my faculty," Kammon admits quietly.

He is looking down, and from the angle, I am looking at him, I can see he is chewing on his bottom lip. I find it interesting he used the term 'father' just now. Lately, whenever he talks about his parents, he calls him Dad, not Father.

"Mom says Dad is having a hard time with that now," Kammon adds and looks up.

My eyebrows go up at the word Dad. Does he use the two words so he can keep things separate? I wonder if the rest of the guys noticed?

I can't remember calling my father dad. Even after he sacrificed himself to save me, I can't reconcile myself to call him dad.

"He couldn't have known," Aim says, patting his shoulder.

"Nobody could have known that," Jett agrees.

"Back then, I wondered," Kammon admits. "But you are right."

"Ok," P'Yacht calls for everyone's attention. The subject Kammon, his dad, and the Econ faculty are dropped.

 The subject Kammon, his dad, and the Econ faculty are dropped