Mission

Knott's POV

Propped up against the headboard, I look through a book found on Tew's nightstand while I accompany Tew as he gets ready for his first day of SOTUS as part of the second year hazing team.

"Are you ready?" I ask, watching Tew straighten his tie. I go back to flipping through a book, waiting for a reply.

"Not really," Tew answers, not looking at me.

"Why?" I look up, and he looks at me through the mirror. "What is wrong, Tew?"

"You know, last year," Tew turns around with a little growl, "I was all excited about helping out with SOTUS, but now..."

"But now?" I get up and walk over to him.

"What if these stalker freaks are in Engineering?" Tew asks with a whine. "I am so not in the mood to put up with them!"

"Then make their SOTUS living hell," I tell him, putting a finger under his chin to make him look at me. "Make them quit."

"Do you hear what you are telling me?" Tew asks, shocked.

"I do," I sigh, "The guys and I have talked about it. If these people are in our faculty, we doubt it is because they want to be true engineers." I place a finger over Tew's lips when he starts to protest. "Think about it. They got a dorm across from N'Kongpop. They have spent the time leading up to their first week running around to find where everyone lives. They even..." I trail off, trying to stomp down my temper when I remember the sight of Tew's door when we came back that night.

"Even?" Tew questions.

"Wasting their time defacing people's doors," I growl. "What did you do leading up to SOTUS, Tew?"

"I toured the campus to get familiar with it," Tew explains, "I found where my classes were going to be and went to get stuff I would need for class."

"That is normal for a student who puts academics first," I smile a little proud of my boyfriend. "These people obviously came to uni for other reasons than learning. So run them out. We don't need people like that in our faculty." I tap his chest, "Just remember this person took someone's spot who wanted to be an engineer. Is that fair?"

"No, it isn't," Tew answers.

"So show these people what being a real engineering student is and make them decide," I say, "Do they want to be stalker fan freaks or engineers. If it is the former, they will quit. Even their batchmates will dislike them. I know I would have. Wouldn't you?"

"I think all of us would," Tew sighs. I look down and straighten his tie before giving him a quick kiss.

"Everything will work out," I assure him.

"If you say so," Tew sighs. He glances at his phone when he gets a notification. "That should be Ai'Kong," He tells me. "Time to go."

"OK," I smile, "Message me when you can take lunch."

"Will do," Tew tells me, picking up his phone and keys. "You staying here?"

"No," I answer, grabbing my stuff, "Since N'Kongpop is busy, I am going to visit Ai'Arthit."

"Hmmm," Tew hums, and his phone starts to ring, "I got to go. See you for lunch."

"Go," I shoo him off, "I will lock up."

"OK," Tew waves as he walks out the door.

I sit down on the edge of the bed and try to give him enough time to get down to the street.

Papa Knott: u all ready?

Dim Bulb: Operation Stake A Claim begins!