Your Past

Tutah's POV

Jett and I had gone by Som's dorm earlier today and found that he was not there. I knew Jett knew he wouldn't be there, but Jett refused when I suggested we try going to P'Rune's bar to find Som. We have wandered around all day.

The taxi stops, and Jett hands the driver the fare before opening the door and getting out. I follow him out and look around. I stare at the name on the sign. Why does the name look familiar?

Without a word, Jett starts down a trail. I have no choice but to follow him. As the day has progressed, Jett has gotten quieter, and being here gives me a bad feeling. We walk onto a bridge, and Jett stops and leans against the rail. I wait for him to say something, but he just stands there staring.

"Jett, why are we here?" I ask him.

He straightens up and looks at me wordlessly before goes to sit down and leans against the rails on the other side. I sit down next to him and wait for Jett to explain. I take his hand in mine and trace the lines in his palm. Jett, in turn, takes my hand and kisses it.

"Is it that hard?" I question, reaching across to brush a tear away. He nods against my palm. What in your past is haunting, my love? "I am not going anywhere," I soothe, "Take as long as you like."

"Do you think I will ever forget?" Jett wonders quietly as he rests his head on my shoulder.

"You shouldn't forget," I tell him just as quietly. He raises his head and looks at me, hurt. I turn toward him and take his face in my hands. "I love you. But what happened in your past made you the person I love. Forgetting would not honor his memory, Jett."

"I know," Jett sniffs, "But it hurts, and I am tired."

"I know," I pull him into a hug and let him sob into my shoulder. I never pushed Jett about this. I knew he would tell me in his own time.

Staring out into the park, I finally remember why the name looked familiar. That night Jett disappeared, his phone blipped once. I know I said all those nice words about Tay. But in reality, I am angry. Angry that he tore so many people apart and left them to deal with the aftermath.

Prem's POV

Opening the door to my room, I frown when I see the light still on. I told Wad to go to sleep before me. Setting my bag down, I smile when I see him asleep on the bed. It looks like he tried to stay up and failed. Walking over to the bed, I carefully slip the book out of his hand and place it on the nightstand.

"I'm home," I tell his sleeping form before going to take a shower.

Letting the hot water run down my body, easing the aches from traveling. I start to think about what our rhythm will be this year. Wad's courses will be more time-consuming, and my hybrid internship is presenting unexpected obstacles. I wonder how the others are going to handle this. I yawn and decide I don't need to solve anything tonight and quickly finish my shower.

Another yawn cracks my jaw as I slip my shirt over my head and climb into bed. I do this carefully as not to wake up my sleeping cat. Crawling under the covers, I settle down with a sigh.

"How was the trip?" A sleepy voice asks beside me as he slips his arm about my waist.

"I was trying not to wake you up," I say, turning so he can settle in next to me.

"I heard the shower," Wad mumbles, and I brush his hair from his eyes.

"The trip was good," I tell him, "I think I will learn a lot there."

"Did you warn P'Arthit?" Wad asks drowsily. I don't think he will be awake much longer.

"I did," I say, stroking his hair, "He messaged him but didn't send it. I hope your friend doesn't kill him."