Gangsters

Maprang's POV

The Mom: You have 1 min to tell me where you are

"'Prang," Oak asks, walking over to me, "What is it? Who messaged you?"

"My mom," I say, holding out my phone, "She wants to know where I am."

"Is that normal?" P'Dear sits up and looks at me, "You don't think someone spoofed her phone?"

"I don't know," I admit, "Should I reply?" It is a testament to this year that I don't find that question at all weird.

"Call her," P'Win tells me, "If someone did spoof... Wait. Would they also be able to get the call?"

"They would," P'Tee answers, "Do you have a landline at home?" I nod, "Call that."

"Landline. Landline," I mumble, looking through my contacts. I dial home. I wonder when was the last time I called this number. "Hello? Auntie? Yes, this is 'Prang. Can you get Mom for me?" I frown and look over at my seniors. "She is where?" Why the hell is she in Ko Samui? How did she know I was here? What about Uncle? "Is Uncle with her?" Everyone looks at me, and I hold up a hand. "He is? Auntie, can you do me a favor?" I wait for her to agree, "Can you not tell Uncle where Mom and I are?" I smile, "Oh, I see. I know. I agree. Thanks, Auntie." I hang up my phone and look at my friends and seniors.

"What is going on? Aunt is here?" Kammon asks, "Does my father know?"

"No, he doesn't," I answer, "Auntie doesn't like him any more than we do, and Mom told her not to tell him anything." I jump when a message comes in.

The Mom: ANSWER NOW PRANG

I look at my seniors for what to do.

"Answer her, nong," P'Knott says, "We need to know how she knew where you were." I agree with that. Does my mom have a tracker on me? I hand my phone over to P'Knott and let him send her the address. After which he gives me my phone. I sigh when I read the screen.

The Mom: OK

"What did she say?" Prae asks from where she is sitting next to P'Faii.

"OK," I sigh, "How are we going to explain this to my mom?" I ask, pointing at the wall where we have been dissecting cuteislethal's posts.

Kammon and I are sitting on the couch with Mom across from us. All of my friends and seniors are standing behind us. I have to wonder if they look like gangsters all lined up like that. I take Kammon's hand, remembering when he accused my friends of being just that. Mom's lips thin as she looks at the wall. After some discussion, it was decided to leave it up. Mom stands and walks over to look at the pictures.

"Mom," I start, only to stop when she holds up her hand. She stops at one picture.

"This was taken at your house, Kammon," Mom says, turning back to us.