Missed You

Kammon's POV

"So when are you leaving?" I ask as P'Bright shuts the door to my room. We just came upstairs after sending the others off. All that is left are Oak, Maprang, and P'Bright. I didn't miss the hesitation when he answered P'Win about how long he was going to stay.

"Kam," P'Brights says behind me.

"P'Bright," I turn to him. "As much as I hate it, I know that I need to be with my parents for a while, and I am sure your parents and uncles need to get back to work."

"Kam," P'Bright sighs, walking over to me and pulling into a hug. "They want to leave tomorrow. I didn't want to say it at the station. I wanted to tell you when it was just us."

"I know," I rest my head against him and wrap my arms around him, "I hate this."

"Me, too," P'Bright agrees, "I want to spend time with you, but..."

"But," I pull back to look at him, "I need to resolve things first, and the police are going to want to question me." I once again rest my cheek against his chest, "I think my dad has been keeping them away."

"My dad," P'Bright repeats questioningly.

"I don't want to carry this hate anymore," I admit, "Especially if it is for things he didn't really do. You are right. He might not be the bad guy."

"I understand," P'Bright soothes. "I think it is a good thing."

"Son," My dad says, walking in as P'Bright and I both glance at him. "Umm..."

"What do you need, Dad?" I ask and see a small smile flit across his face. It has to be because I am calling him dad. He glances down at my arms that are still about P'Bright.

"Umm," My dad haws, "I should have knocked."

"It is ok," I assure him as I let go of P'Bright.

"I would like to take everyone out to eat," My dad starts and looks over at P'Bright. "That includes your family." P'Bright glances at me, "I think we both have someone to celebrate."

"Celebrate?" I am confused, "Who?"

"You," My dad smiles, "Your mom and..." He stops and steps over to P'Bright, "And you." My dad stands there with a shaky smile waiting for my boyfriend to reply.

"I didn't do anything," P'Bright deflects.

"Yes, you did," My dad reaches over and places a hand on his shoulder, "You..." My dad looks over at me, and I can tell he is flummoxed. I don't know what exactly he wants to say, but he is trying to be supportive. I guess I should rescue him.

"You rescued me," I start to list, "You love me. You put up with me." I stop and smile at P'Bright, "Do I need to go on?"

"I guess if you put it that way," P'Bright mumbles, rubbing the back of his neck. "Do my parents and uncles know?"

"Winee said she has already invited them," My dad answers, "So if you boys would like, we will get going. They should be waiting." I frown at this at looking at the way my dad is dressed and how we are dressed. He would never let us go out as a family looking like this. He wouldn't want an unflattering picture.

"B-But," I stammer, "Shouldn't we change clothes?"

"Why?" Dad counters, "You look fine." He stands there, smiling at me. Dad doesn't care how we dress, but Father did. I don't know when I moved, but I find myself wrapping my arms around my dad.

"I've missed you," I whimper against him.

"I missed you, too," My dad sighs, stroking my hair, "Sorry I got lost, but I am back now." I hear a sniff behind me, and I turn my head to see P'Bright brushing away tears.