Listen

Bright's POV

"What the fvck!?!" Tutah growls at me after I punch him hard.

"This is what the fvck?" I snarl, holding up my phone, "Did you forget to mention something?"

"I was going to tell you," Tutah glares back at me, "But I wanted to get you fed first after I got you to change clothes!" Tutah mutters something under his breath, and I realize I am acting like an ass to my friend. He was only taking care of me.

"Sorry," I mumble.

"You have a lot going on, Ai'Bright," Tutah sighs, "I wanted to give you a chance to take a breath before I punched you in the chest with that."

"Who the hell is it?" I growl, looking at the picture of Kammon on Cuteislethal's IG. I read through our group chat and smile when I read that Kammon has figured out a way to help. I am sure that made him feel better. He hated being the damsel in distress.

"I don't know," Tutah comes to stand by me, "But N'Oak said N'Prang called him all freaked out a while ago. It seems N'Prang and N'Kammon were followed last night. It took some time for N'Oak to calm her down."

"I can imagine," I hum, "I am also sure she did that where Kammon wasn't. She doesn't want to worry her cousin."

"Yeah," Tutah agrees, "Come on. Maybe your parents are awake."

Tutah starts to walk away, and I ask the question I have been asking myself since I stepped foot in the hospital. "What do I do, Ai'Tutah?"

Tutah stops and turns back to me, "You listen."

"That's it," I look at him, confused. "I listen?"

"Ai'Bright," Tutah sighs, "As mad as I am at your parents, I think they really want to try and fix this. You heard your mom. I know you are disappointed in them. So am I." He looks back toward the room before he continues, "But that, in there," He points toward the room, "Is what regret can cause. It almost killed them, losing you. I think there have been enough regrets. So listen. OK."

"You are not telling me to forgive them?" I ask without looking at him.

"Nope," Tutah replies, "That is for you to decide, and whatever you choose, all of us will support you. You know that."

"Sorry I punched you," I shrug.

"I know you didn't mean it," Tutah smiles, "But I already warned your nong if he threatens my body parts again. I am shaving you bald."

"Why me?" I whine, "Kammon is the one threatening you. I won't look good bald. I don't find that fair at all, Ai'Tutah."

"And when have we ever played fair?" Tutah smirks.

Going to my parents' room, we meet doctors exiting from their room.

"There you are," Dr. Wongrutiyan says when he sees me, "We just rounded on your parents. Your mother is doing much better, and your father is now awake and alert. I would like to keep your mother for another day and your father for at least two to ensure his blood pressure is back under control and to map the amount of damage caused by the heart attack."

"I see," Is the only thing I can say. I have never been in this position before.

"I will recommend a specialist for your father to see when he returns home," Dr. Wongrutiyan continues. He glances back at the door. "I will let you go now." Tutah and I wai the doctors as they leave. I look over at Tutah.

"I think I will go down to the lobby," Tutah tells me, resting a hand on my shoulder, "You should go talk to them."

"Tutah," I respond, "I..."