Goes Black

P'Dear's POV

I sit up bleary-eyed. Shit, not this. How much did I drink last night? I glare over at the peanut gallery. Seriously, do I have to deal with them now? I just want to take a shower and aspirin. Yes, lots of aspirin. What the hell was I thinking? I am not young anymore. N'Tutah is right. I am an old man.

"Are you going to say anything to us?" N'Knott asks. "You know you shouldn't drink."

"I don't need to hear that from you, Papa Knott," I hold my head as the words ring in it. Damn! I haven't had a hangover like this in ages.

"I will go get some water," N'Tutah stands up, "You have aspirin in the bathroom cabinet, right, Ai'Knott?"

"Yes," N'Knott answers, "Ai'Prem and Ai'Arthit go get some breakfast for us all." The other two nod before they leave.

For a moment, it is just N'Knott, a sleeping N'Bright, and me in the room. I can't believe my nongs had to come to get me. This is so embarrassing.

"So, care to tell me why you got blitzed?" N'Knott says as he hands me a change of clothes. I look at them, thinking I will look ridiculous in these. I will look like a kid wearing his dad's clothes.

"Yeah," N'Tutah walks out of the bathroom, "What I want to know is why P'Win did..." N'Tutah grabs my shirt, "Did that bastard cheat on you?" He shakes me lightly, but to me, it feels like the world is being torn apart.

"Tutah," I groan as I cover my mouth. I shove him aside as I rush to the bathroom. Why the hell did I do this to myself?

After I leave the contents of my stomach in the toilet, I sit back on the bathroom floor and rest my cheek against the cool tile. I feel like death. Closing my eyes, I wait for the world to stop spinning. Why wasn't Win answering the phone?

"I don't think P'Win would have cheated on him, Ai'Tutah," I hear N'Knott talking hurriedly to his friend, "I am sure it was something else."

"The bartender said he couldn't get P'Win to pick up," N'Tutah snaps, "Explain to me why he would ignore a call?"

I really should go out there. My friend is getting worked up. Who knows what he will do if I don't stop him? I think all of this but still, rest my head against the wall with my eyes closed. Where is death when you need it?

"Get up, old man," N'Tutah sighs from the door, "Come on. I will help you up."

"Thanks, Tutah," I mumble as my friend hauls me up.

"Just tell me if I need to kick someone's ass," N'Tutah growls, "I am not happy, Dear. You better explain soon, or I am going to find someone and make them explain."

How do I explain there is nothing to explain? We didn't have a fight, and I don't know why my boyfriend didn't pick up last night. He knew I was going drinking with friends to celebrate the end of our internships. Win even dropped me off at the bar. I don't know why Win went on radio silence.

I start playing through the events of the night before. I kissed Win before I got out of the car and watched as he drove off. He told me he would hang out with some friends and to call him when I was done. End of story.

"What is wrong, P'Dear," N'Knott says, handing me two aspirin and a glass of water. "You have gone pale. Are you sick again? Do you need to go to the hospital?"

"Win didn't answer my calls," I say. I suddenly have a bad feeling about this.

"He didn't answer anyone's calls," N'Tutah corrects. N'Tutah turns and looks at me. "You are worried. You think something has happened to him." All I can do is nod slowly.