Dead Men

Ice's POV

Leaving the last meeting with our intern supervisors, I give them a quick wai before chasing after Tutah.

"Ai'Tutah," I call after my friend, "Ai'Tutah! Tutah!"

"What?!?" Tutah stops and glares back at me.

"Don't you think that was a little rude?" I ask as I catch up to him. "They offered to take us out to eat."

"We need to get back," Tutah says for the hundredth time and starts to walk to the street. He has been rattling on about getting back all day. It is like a mission for him.

I stand there watching as he hails a taxi. I know I fought with Tee this morning. Did Tutah fight with N'Jett? That would explain why he is so determined to get back as soon as possible. On the other hand, I don't want to face Tee since I have no clue why we fought. Ugh. Why is dating so fvcking complicated?

"Are you coming?" Tutah shouts, holding the door to the taxi open.

"Coming," I grumble and join him.

"About time," Tutah mutters as I close the door.

"Did you fight with N'Jett?" I demand.

"No!" Tutah says, floored by the question. "Why would I fight with N'Jett?"

"I fight with Tee," I put in, "It can't be roses all the time."

"That's because you are stupid," Tutah hisses.

"Hey!" I bark, offended.

"Well, you are," Tutah tells me, not backing down.

"Why the hell am I stupid all of a sudden?" I growl.

"What day is today?" Tutah asks the question he has asked me all day. I clench my jaw to keep from shouting at him. How many times is he going to ask this stupid question? If anyone is stupid today, it is him.

"Thursday," I calmly answer, hoping this will be the last time.

"That is all?" Tutah asks, looking at me like I am a mental patient. "Thursday."

"It is July..." I start and pull out my phone to look at the date on my screen, "Twenty ninth." I glance back at him, hoping for an explanation.

"Geez, how dumb can you be?" Tutah sighs.

"You call me stupid one more time," I warn. I don't know what I will do, but I will do something.

"Ai'Ice," Tutah takes a deep breath and holds out his hand, "Can I see your ID?"

"Huh?" I say, confused.

"ID! Now!" Tutah orders, and I pull it from my back pocket and hand it to him.

"Happy?" I snap. Tutah doesn't say anything but pulls out my ID and turns it to me.

"Read," Tutah tells me. Why the hell do I need to read my own ID?

"Isinthon Saetang," I pause and look at the driver, deciding to skip my ID number, "July twenty... Oh!"

"Yeah, dumbass," Tutah shoves my ID back in my wallet before he tosses it to me. "I am sure things are becoming clear now."

"It is just my birthday," I defend as we pull up to the station, "It is not like it is anything special."

I don't have any good memories of my birthday. It is not like my parents put any effort into it. The couple who cared for my house and me were the only ones that remembered my birthday.

"You might not think it is anything special, but I am sure Ai'Tee thinks it is," Tutah points out.

"Is that why he was so pissed off this morning?" I gasp, grabbing Tutah's arm.