Worrying

Tutah's POV

Someone tell me why I chose Engineering. Seriously, did I have a brain fart that day? I hate math, and organization is not a skill I have. I should have done something in the Arts.

"N'Tutah," P'Win calls to me, "It is getting pretty late. Are you staying over? Do you need to call your nong?" I glance over at him, sitting on the sofa with P'Dear's head in his lap. "I don't want Dear killed by him, you know."

"He won't kill him," I sigh, "Possibly maim, but I don't think he could kill someone."

"Funny, nong," P'Win gives a derisive laugh. "Staying or going? I can call a taxi for you if you..." He stops and frowns at me. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah," I answer, confused by the turn in the conversation. "Why wouldn't I be?"

I watch as P'Win lifts P'Dear's head and gets up from the sofa to walk over to me. I flinch when he places a palm on my forehead. P'Win's hand is cold. He clicks his tongue.

"I was right," P'Win steps back, "I am calling your nong to come to pick you up." I place my hand on my forehead and look at P'Win.

"Why are you calling Jett?" I ask, still lost.

"You have a fever," P'Win says as he pulls out his phone, "N'Jett knows you were studying over here, right?"

"Yeah," I tell him, "We don't study well together. Jett is distracting." P'Win smiles at me as he holds the phone to his ear.

"I am sure he is," P'Win chuckles, turning away from me, "Hey, N'Jett. Yes, he is still here. At the table. On the sofa asleep. N'Jett, can you just hold on a second." P'Win runs his hands through his hair. "Are you going to let me talk, nong?" I watch as he waits for a reply. I have to wonder what Jett is saying. He obviously asked where I was, and P'Dear was. "N'Tutah has a fever, and I don't want to send him home alone. Can you... N'Jett? N'Jett? Hello?" He looks at his phone and laughs.

"What is so funny?" I ask.

"He hung up," P'Win grins, "I hope that means he is on the way over here to pick you up." P'Win looks over at P'Dear. "I am going to get that one to bed before your nong shows up. I think it will be for the best." I nod in agreement. One day, I hope Jett will find a way not to be jealous of P'Dear.

I lay my head down on the table. Now that P'Win mentioned it, I guess I don't feel well. I was racking it up to fatigue. All I have done for the past two weeks is studying for exams and finish projects. Jett and I have had very little time together. I miss him.

"Tutuh," A voice near my ear says, and I can feel someone shaking my shoulder

"Don't glare at me like that, N'Jett," I can hear P'Win telling my boyfriend. N'Jett is already here? That was quick. "I put P'Dear to bed, and when I came back out, he was asleep. I didn't want to wake him. Have you seen those circles under his eyes? He looks exhausted. That is probably why he got sick."