Meet My In-laws

Jett's POV

Hearing something heavy fall, I turn to look out of the shower at the bathroom door. Did Tutah fall? He said he was going to get breakfast. Is he back already? It usually takes him longer. I have learned to time my shower to his trip out for food. Shaking my head, I decide I need to check on whatever fell. It better not be Tutah.

Turning off the shower, I grab a towel wrapping it around my waist. I freeze, hearing a mumble of unfamiliar voices. Voices? That isn't Tutah. Is he being robbed? I look around the bathroom for a weapon and come up empty. Seriously? Doesn't he have a plunger or something in here? I grab the soap dish before I go to the door. Counting to three before I run out of the bathroom.

"Leave now, and no one will get hurt," I scream, looking about wildly. I have a moment to register two older women before I am clocked by one of their purses, and everything goes dark.

 I have a moment to register two older women before I am clocked by one of their purses, and everything goes dark

"What do you think he was going to do with the soap dish?" I hear as the world swims back into focus. What the hell was in that purse? Bricks?

"You are worried about a soap dish?" One of them cackles, "I am more interested in this dish." I feel a finger poke my stomach, reminding me I am lying on the floor with only a towel. "Who do you think he belongs to? Can I keep him?"

"He is not a stray cat," The other woman scolds, "Act your age for once, you old bat."

"You are older than I am," The one next to me accuses, "And stop calling me an old bat." I hear a set of keys and the door open. Please let that be Tutah.

"Aunty Din!" Tutah shouts, "Hands off!" I hear a bag drop. I would open my eyes, but I am currently naked in front of two women, and they seem to be related to my boyfriend. Please let the other one not be Tutah's mom. It would be my luck to meet my in-laws naked except for a small towel.

"What the hell did you do to my boyfriend?" Tutah demands as he comes to crouch by me.

"Us?" The voice of the woman who was poking me says, "He is the one who jumped out of the bathroom brandishing a soap dish."

Tutah pats my cheek. There is no helping it. I am going to have to open my eyes so he doesn't continue to worry.

"Why are you here?" Tutah demands, "You know there is this invention that you can use to message me you are coming!" I hear something being hit. What I am assuming was Tutah's head. I open my eyes to the scene above me.

"Is this how I raised you to speak to your mother?" A woman who I can now identify a woman as my boyfriend's mom stands glaring at Tutah, who is rubbing the back of his head. Did she hit him with the purse too? I sit up and jerk his head down to check.

"Oh, he is awake," The other lady giggles. That must be Aunty Din.

"Are you ok?" I ask Tutah, looking at the back of his head. "Did she hit you with a purse?"