What Friends Do

Tutah's POV

"Where is Ai'Bright?" I ask, looking around. Bright was already here at N'Kammon's, but now that we are in front of the dorm, we can't find him.

"There he is," Jett says, pointing. I turn in the direction of the dorm and see my friend walking out the door.

"Hey," I call, making him glance up at us.

"Hey," Bright responds, walking over to us.

"What did you find?" I ask. I can tell by his expression he is frustrated.

"Nothing," Bright sighs, "I was in the security office. I wasn't allowed to see the video, but they said he came and left. There was nobody with him."

"Anything?" Arthit runs up with his nong, Knott, N'Tew, N'Wad, and Prem. I have to wonder where they all met up. I like that we all show up for one another. It is what friends do for each other.

"Nothing," I answer, placing a comforting hand on Bright's shoulder.

"Where can he be?" N'Tew mutters. "And why the hell would he come by himself?" N'Wad is staring hard at N'Tew.

"I can understand that a bit," N'Wad replies, "I lost so much control when everything was happening last year." He smiles at N'Tew, "I think I remember you complaining about going everywhere in a pack. N'Kammon is like me. We just want to be normal and do things like everyone else."

"When you put it that way, I can understand," N'Oak says behind N'Wad, making him jump.

"Don't sneak up on people!" N'Wad shouts and punches his friend.

"What am I supposed to do?" N'Oak grumbles rubbing his arm as N'Aim laughs beside him, and N'Oak elbows him in the side, "Should I shout Oak is here?" I look to the side when Bright snorts at that suggestion and notice that Knott, Prem, and Arthit are grinning.

"What?" Bright gives me the side-eye.

"Don't start again," I warn. "It took us half a year to stop you from announcing yourself."

"I..." Bright begins but is interrupted when P'Win and P'Dear join us. P'Win smiles, but P'Dear looks harassed.

"What happened to you?" N'Aim asks P'Dear. P'Win turns to look at P'Dear and smiles wider.

"Nothing," P'Dear glowers at P'Win, "Right?"

"Right," P'Win agrees with a smirk.

"Hey," Ice waves walking up with Tee trailing behind. I shake my head. I can tell these two are in a mood just like P'Dear and P'Win. What is with my friends?

"Are the girls coming?" N'Kongpop asks N'Aim and N'Oak.

"Nope," N'Aim answers, "And Ai'Oak and I are in the doghouse for telling them to stay put."

"You told May to stay put?" N'Kongpop gapes then smirks at me.

"How many funerals do I need to plan, nong?" I chuckle, rolling my eyes.

"At least two," Jett laughs beside me. "But I am glad we don't have to worry about them." He looks around before he adds, "Where are P'Yacht and P'Boon?"

"Right behind you," An annoyed voice says, and we turn to find a frowning N'Yacht and grinning P'Boon. "And why are you grinning, P'?" N'Yacht snaps at P'Boon.

"Let's just say," P'Boon pats N'Yacht's shoulder, "I am now happy about my name in the chat." I find the nickname given to N'Yacht funny too. I wonder if it was Bright or N'Kammon that thought of it.

"What does that mean, P'Boon?" N'Yacht huffs. P'Boon shrugs with a grin.

"You know someone is missing?" Bright reminds us, and I now feel guilty about finding N'Yacht's reactions funny.