Couple Plan

Arthit's POV

"How the hell did you morons lose a bet to the nongs?" I ask, joining my friends in the kitchen.

"Don't rub it in, Oon," Knott grumbles, "And it is your fault."

"How is it my fault? I was the object of the bet." I chuckle, "What was it anyway? How did you guys think Kongpop and I wouldn't do something in the shower? That was just stupid."

"That is not what we bet," Prem puts in, "We knew you guys would go at it. We are not stupid, Oon."

"OK," I sit down at the table, "They do say the devil is in the details, so what were these details?"

"The nongs bet you would be able to hold off N'Kongpop and not go all the way," Tutah admits, "We thought there is no way you wouldn't give in to him."

Bright tosses a chip at me before he asks, "Since when can you control your oversexed puppy?" Oversexed puppy? I will have to tell Kongpop about his new nickname.

"We didn't have anything with us," I admit looking away. I can't believe I just confirmed I would have gone all the way if there were condoms and lube.

"Wait a second," Knott says, "Look at me, Oon, and say that again."

"We didn't have anything with us," I turn and look at Knott. When Knott doesn't say anything, "What were you expecting to change?"

"Noth...," Knott trails off when N'Kammon's phone, which is on the table, rings. "Who is it?" He asks as Bright picks it up.

"That Man," Bright reads frowning, "Is this P'Third or his father?" We all shrug as the phone stops ringing, Bright growls when it starts to ring again.

"Give it here," N'Kammon says over Bright's shoulder, "It is my father. P'Third is in my contacts as Freak." The phone call stops when Bright hands the phone over to his boyfriend and immediately begins to ring again.

"What do you want?" N'Kammon demands when he answers. OK. Not how I would have answered a phone call from my dad. "Where am I?" N'Kammon snorts, "Funny, Father. I would almost think you cared. Almost." He pulls the phone away and glares at it. "I am with 'Prang. You already know that! It is my break, and I can spend it how I want." We all watch N'Kammon as he begins to pace around the table.

"With 'Prang," N'Kammon repeats, "No, I am not going to tell you where. I am of age, and I can go where I want! What are you going to do? Send your dog to find me?" N'Kammon stops and smiles, "Father, I have a question." That smile spells trouble, and I notice Bright getting up. "Where have you hidden Mom?" We all hold our breath as we wait to see what he says next. "Oh, traveling. I see. Thank you for answering so honestly. No wonder your voters believe you." The acid that is dripping from his tongue would burn a hole in the floor.

"Coming home?" N'Kammon chuckles, "I don't know and don't care if I ever do." N'Kammon shakes his head at Bright, who is trying to get his boyfriend to hang up. "I might spend the summer with Aunt Sawinee and 'Prang."

"Kam," N'Maprang walks into the room, and all of us shush her as one.

"Father, would you like to talk to 'Prang?" N'Maprang blanches as N'Kammon holds out the phone to her. Taking the phone from her cousin, she glares at him.

"Hello, Uncle Mos," N'Maprang says, just a bit shy of a growl. I begin to become concerned when I notice her jaw set and her face darken from rage. "Goodbye, Uncle." What the hell did he say to her? She hands the phone back to her cousin before she walks out of the kitchen, pulling out her phone, "Mom, I need..." We don't hear the rest.

"Father, what did you say to 'Prang?" N'Kammon shouts, "If you hurt her, I will make sure the whole damn world knows you are a fraud. You and your precious election are all you care about. I will make sure you have to retire from politics!" N'Kammon growls, "Go ahead and send your dog after me. I have wanted to neuter him for forever!" N'Kammon face goes red, "Be careful what you ask for, Father." And before any of us can stop him, he throws his phone against the wall shattering it.