Lies

Bright's POV

Father: Don't do any more to embarrass me. Elections are coming up. Behave!

Kammon is in the shower, and when the message notification came up, I naturally looked at it. Now I wish I hadn't. The day Kammon got his split lip, he had told me he was meeting up with his father, who was in town.

"You wanted to know, Bright," I mutter to myself, "Fvcking hell." Hearing the shower shut off, I quickly put the phone back where it was and make myself busy in the kitchenette. Embarrass him? His son was assaulted, and that caused him embarrassment?

"What are you making?" Kammon asks, coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Toast," I smile, "That is all I have."

"Toast is good," Kammon chuckles, letting go of me before he walks over to the bed. "W-When did this message come in?" I catch the stutter and know he is worried I might have seen it.

"What message?" I hedge.

"You didn't hear the notification?" Kammon asks, frowning at his phone.

"I stepped out onto the balcony to take a call," I turn, lying my ass off to my boyfriend. Is this is how it is going to be? He lies or hides something from me, and I lie and hide things from him. I don't like it, not one bit.

"Oh," Kammon nods as he places the phone back on the bed.

"Was it important?" I ask, tossing him his shirt.

"Spam," Kammon says through the shirt. I turn away just in case my expression gives away my lies. I really don't like this. "B, I have a project I need to finish with Ai'Nine. I will be in the library this evening. I think we will be pretty late, so I am going to just go to my dorm, ok?"

"I thought you already finished your part?" I turn and frown at Kammon. "Don't tell me both of you are covering for that girl?" Kammon averts his eyes. I got it one. "If I find out you and N'Nine let that girl put her name on the project, I will announce it to your entire faculty." Kammon stares at me as he tugs on his bottom lip. I know he is weighing his choices and the consequences. Kammon knows my threats are not empty.

"But," Kammon starts, and I stop him.

"I don't care," I state, "If she wants a degree, she should earn it. If she came here just to get a Mrs. degree, she should just find a husband and leave." I hate this type of girl the most. They took someone's spot in that faculty, and they are wasting it. You don't see any of our girls doing that.

"I will tell Ai'Nine," Kammon sighs.

"Promise?" I prod and hold out a pinky. Kammon shakes his head with a smile but reaches over, and pinky swears.

"You are such a kid," Kammon chuckles.

"Says the guy wearing that t-shirt," I smirk. Kammon looks down at his shirt then glares up at me.

"It is my favorite," Kammon pouts, "And it is yours, dumbass."

I grab my Hazer jacket and put it on as he growls at me. When he gets his uniform shirt buttoned up over the t-shirt, I walk over with his tie. Flipping up his collar, I put it around his neck and tie it for him.

"There," I smile down at him, "Thank you, P'Bright."

"Thank you, P'Bright," Kammon echoes, "Walk me to school?"

"To school," I grab my backpack as he picks up his. When he grabs his phone, I remember the message and look at his healing lip. When do little lies turn into big ones?