I Lied

P'Win's POV

"Hey," N'Jett says as he flinches when I hit the back of his head. "Why did you do that?"

"I am pretty sure he loves this idiot," I mimic. "Idiot is right. You do know that I was the one N'Tutah wanted to date, not Ai'Dear?" N'Tutah and Dear have turned to watch our conversation.

"I know that," N'Jett glares at me, "But do you know how many guys check him out?"

"How many?" N'Tutah asks, and the moment those words leave his mouth, I can tell he realizes he just fvcked up, and N'Jett now looks like a kicked puppy.

"I don't know. Why don't you count for yourself?" N'Jett huffs before he turns and leaves. Oh, shit!

"What the hell were you thinking, Tutah?" Dear slaps his friend on the head. "And what the fvck are you waiting for? Go!"

"I am such a fvcking idiot," N'Tutah says, getting up, "Later, Dear. Bye, P'Win."

Sitting down next to Dear, I watch as N'Tutah chases after his boyfriend. "What the hell was our friend thinking?"

"He wasn't," P'Dear says, "I call it the Bright Effect. Being around that nong warps your filter." He looks at me, frowning. "Why did you come looking for me?"

I look over at him, debating what I am going to say first. The moment I had learned Dear was going to campus today I knew something was up. When I messaged Ai'Boon, he told me the piece of the puzzle I needed. Hospital. That one word explained why Dear had been so quiet since he returned from N'Wad's trial. But why his ass of a brother was in Pattaya City and not in Chang Mai is a question for another day.

"So you ran into your brother," I say, cutting to the chase.

"Did you listen to our conversation?" Dear sits up.

"Before you get upset," I stop him, "Ai'Boon messaged me and said something happened at a hospital. He knows your older brother is a doctor. Does Ai'Boon know he disapproves of our lifestyle?"

"No," Dear sulks, "He just knows I don't get along with my older brother."

"Are you ok, Dear?" I ask, tucking a strand of hair that has escaped his tie behind his ear. "And I am not mad at you, but I will be if you lie to me."

"What do you think?" Dear groans. "It was that night all over again. You would think he would have had time to get over the shock and accept it. But no. I am still a freak of nature and an embarrassment to my family." I clench my fist tight. That son of a bitch. How dare he call my boyfriend that! He is a fvcking doctor! He should know better!

"You are not an embarrassment, Dear," I say soothingly. "Your ass of a brother is, and your loyalty to him is misplaced."

"I knew when I figured out I liked guys that I would meet people who would hate me for my choice," Dear sniffs, "I just didn't think it would be my brother. We were so close. He was my fvcking hero! Do you know how happy he was for me when I got accepted into university?" I scoot closer and put my arm around Dear, and Dear rests his head on my shoulder. "What I hate the most is that I miss him. He hates me, and yet I miss him. What kind of fvcked up thinking is that?"

"I am sure you miss more than just him," I stroke his hair, "You haven't seen your parents in what two and a half years?"

"About that. Maybe more," Dear sighs.

My heart hurts for him. When we started dating, he always talked about his parents, and I can remember having fights about how often he went back to Chang Mai to see them. Now I regret that. And it was also how I figured out he had been doing exactly what that ass told him to do because he no longer mentions his parents and never goes to Chang Mai.