Louis' Party

I hope it won't be too uncomfortable today. "Hi Niall!" He let me in and smiled. "Glad you could come!" Niall always appeared so happy and optimistic. I laughed, "Where's the birthday boy?!" I looked around their enormous entry way, pretending to look for Louis, but actually making sure I wouldn't have to see Harry's hurt face right away. "I think he's in the pool with Eleanor."

Niall carefully took the present from me and brought it into the kitchen with the others. I followed and watched silently as he got out some chips and happily ate. "So what have you been up to?" Niall asked after a few minutes of eating.

"Nothing really, just hanging with friends during the break." Niall smiled and nodded, continuing to eat. "Were you with Harry yesterday?" He said curiously. "Yes." I could feel my palms getting sweaty. "He looked pretty upset when he came home. Did something happen?"

Niall looked like he honestly had no idea. "Um, it's a long story. I'll tell you later. I think I should let Louis know that I'm here first." Niall smiled, "Okay, hurry back!" He looked so cute. I walked outside to their heated pool and saw Zayn jump in, splashing water all over Louis who looked like he was in the middle of having a deep conversation with Eleanor.

I giggled and ran over. "Happy Birthday, Louis!" Louis was still laughing with Zayn, Perrie, and Eleanor. He eventually came over and gave me a big hug, making me soaking wet.

"Thanks for coming!" He yelled. I laughed, "No problem. It looks like you guys are having fun." Louis glanced over to meet Eleanor's eyes and winked. "Yeah!" He agreed. I smiled as I saw Liam sneak up behind Louis. "How old are you?" I asked, trying to keep Louis distracted.

He laughed and said," You know how old I am!" Then, Liam tackled Louis and they both fell into the bright green grass. All of us laughed, and I went back inside to see Niall.

In the kitchen, Niall's plate was still there, but he was nowhere to be found. "Niall?" I called. "So you came" an unexpected voice said, Harry's. His eyes were ringed with red and he looked tired. He sat down in a chair and stared at me. "Yeah, I couldn't miss his party." Harry just frowned. "Harry, I didn't mean to hurt you. I am truly sorry and I'll never forgive myself for hurting you."

"Are you going to tell him?" He was avoiding everything which was making me more distressed. I wish I hadn't said anything about Niall. "I'm not sure." Harry nodded. "He's lucky. Maybe it's an Irish thing." He was trying to make a joke out of it, but then he sighed and closed his eyes. "Harry." I pleaded. No response. I quietly went over to him and touched his arm.

He sighed again, but didn't sound as miserable this time. "I love you, as a friend. I don't like seeing you like this. It's breaking me." He opened his eyes and a tear escaped. "I wish you were mine." He whispered. I hugged him and when I tried to pull away, he wouldn't let go. "I'm so sorry, Harry."

A couple moments later, he let me go and headed outside. Afterwards, Niall stumbled in the kitchen. "I was, um, in the bathroom, and then, uh, tried to come back to my chips and sorta heard part of your conversation." Niall looked so sweet and anxious. "What did you hear?" I asked calmly.

Niall ran his fingers through his blonde hair. "Harry wants you to be with him, but you can't. I don't know why though." Niall reached for a chip while I considered telling him. "Well, it's because I like someone else." Niall's sky blue eyes widened while a chip disappeared into his mouth.

"Who?" He said while chewing and swallowing the chip. "Umm..." I didn't know if I could say it. Niall patiently waited while he poured water into a cup. "I like..." I watched as the water went into his mouth. "You." I finished. Niall put the cup down and started choking on the water.

"Oh my god!" I rushed over to help him. He put his hand up to stop me and started to calm down. "Just breathe slowly." I instructed. He nodded. "You like me?!" He screamed after a few seconds. "Yeah, a lot." I admitted and blushed. "I like you too!"

I just stood there shocked. How could both Harry and Niall like me? "Are you serious?!" This was unbelievable. "Yeah!" Niall pulled me close for a hug. "I can't believe it!" I smiled at him. Of course, to show he meant it, he offered me his last chip. I gratefully accepted it. "You're just kinda perfect. I like everything about you." Niall blushed and I grinned. "What are we going to do?" I thought about Harry and felt guilty. Niall noticed my smile vanish.

"What's wrong?" He automatically looked concerned. "It's Harry. I don't like making him feel horrible. It's my fault." Niall gently cupped my face in his hands. "It will all work out. Don't worry. He'll understand and you guys will still be best friends." It was amazing how just hearing Niall's voice could instantly relax me. "You're sure?" Niall smiled.

"Yes, I'm sure. Let's go socialize with everyone and then we can figure all this out later. I promise everything will be fine." He led me outside and I felt a little better. Harry was sitting on the ground looking at his phone. He noticed my arrival and his eyes snapped down to look directly at his phone again. So much for feeling better.

"Shouldn't I apologize again?" Niall shook his head. "I think you've apologized enough. You didn't do anything wrong anyways. You only told him that you didn't feel the same way." I followed him over to the tables that everyone was sitting at. I sat in-between Niall and Liam.

"Hey, Liam." Liam smiled, "What's up?" "I'm just enjoying being here with all of you. You guys are the best friends I could ever ask for." Everyone stopped talking and listened intently to me. "Umm, it's a little awkward now..." Zayn laughed. "It's just that we all agree with you. All of you are the best."

I smiled, feeling slightly embarrassed now. "Harry, you should come over here." Perrie quietly said. "I don't feel so well. I think I'll lie down inside for a while." Harry sounded so broken and lost. I looked over to Niall with tears appearing in my eyes and he grabbed my hand, trying to comfort me.

Louis raised his eyebrow when he saw Niall grab my hand but I ignored it. "Okay, I'm gonna go get the cake." Liam announced and hurried inside. Niall instantly reacted to the sound of "cake" and became alert, making me laugh. When it comes to food, you'll never be able to stop him from being overprotective.

Liam returned with a huge carrot cake, causing Niall to practically drool all over the table. "OH MY GOD, CARROTS!!" Louis shouted. "Calm yourself," Liam said while laughing. Then, everyone sang "Happy Birthday" and ate cake. Niall kept trying to get more, but Louis argued that no one was going to get any more of his carrots. Laughing to myself, I realized that even though they don't look like it, they're such little kids.

After a couple hours, Perrie left with Zayn to spend Christmas with their families. Niall was staying with me here, Louis and Eleanor were going to leave later, and Liam went inside and looked sad. No one had seen Harry. "Niall, I'm gonna go talk to Liam." Niall smiled, "Okay, I'll be out here cleaning up. All alone in the dark. With a random voice saying 'Get used to it, Niall...you'll be a loner... forever'." I grinned, "Shut up."

When I saw Liam, his head was down on the table with his phone in his hand. "Hey, Liam." He looked up and acknowledged me. "Hi..." I sat next to him. "Is something wrong?" Liam checked his phone and then put it down on the table. "I miss Danielle. I won't be able to see her until next week. We won't be able to spend Christmas together."

"Why not?" I felt bad now. "She said that she's going on a short vacation with her family. She won't text me back so I guess she's busy, but I hate not talking to her." Liam checked his phone again. "Maybe you could call her later," I suggested.

"Okay, I think I'll just go to my room now and wait. Night." I wandered back outside as Niall was walking in. Unfortunately, we ran into each other and I fell on top of him. "Well this is interesting now, isn't it?" Niall laughed while I blushed. "Yeah, yeah. Don't get too excited." I got up and went back inside with Niall right behind me.

"PRESENT TIME!" One of these days, I swear Louis will cause me to go deaf.