Taking A Break

“You can leave now!” The doctor exclaimed. He sounded more excited than me…is that a good thing? Niall held my hand as we left the hospital. “I hope I don’t have to go back there for a while.” He gave a warm smile and kissed my cheek. “Me too, babe.”

We got to his car and I settled in. It was getting colder outside. “Brrr, let’s get the heat going!” Niall said as he got in. I turned the heat on and relaxed into the seat. “I wish I didn’t have to go back to school.” Today’s Friday and I’ve already missed my first period class. “Oh, you’re not going to school until next week.” Niall smiled as I freaked out in my seat. “REALLY?!” I didn’t want to face those popular girls at all.

“Yep, you’re hanging with me.” I felt bad that I was making him miss a bunch of school work. I hate that I’m missing a lot too, but it’s WAY better than having to deal with bullies. “What do you have in mind?” He grinned and didn’t speak. “Tell me, Niall!” “Well, you’re hanging with me…and Harry!”

I’ve missed him so much!!!! “YAY!!!!” “I knew you’d be happy.” He kept his eyes on the road, but something felt weird. It was like Niall was upset. “Niall?” “Hmm?” “Is something wrong?” For a second, I saw him freeze, but then he shrugged.

“Come on, just tell me. Don’t you trust me?” His lips turned into a frown and his mouth opened. “Of course I do. I’ve just been a little…bothered.” “How come?” He didn’t answer but his eyes briefly flickered in my direction. “Niall,” I whined. “Okay, I’m starting to feel that you’re more excited to see Harry than me. It’s just a little jealousy and I can’t help it. Before we were dating, it seemed like you liked him more than a friend.”

I had a flashback to the night before Louis’ party. I’d told Harry that I liked Niall…but was there a part of me that had liked him? I can’t like him now though. I love Niall and Harry is with Ashley. Did I feel a little jealousy whenever Harry looked at Ashley…well maybe, but I realized that I was being stupid.

I have Niall and I don’t want anyone else. “See, you’re not answering right away so you understand why.” He stopped driving, but continued to look straight ahead. I tugged on his arm to make him look at me, and luckily he did. I noticed a few tears in his blue eyes, and my heart broke.

“Niall, I love you. I’m so happy that I get to spend time with you, but Harry’s my friend, and I haven’t seen him for days. He was missing…do you know how worried I was for him, as a friend? I only have true feelings for you.” He nodded and leaned forward to give me a hug. “Promise?” He whispered. “I promise.” I answered and unlocked the car door. When I got out, the wind was so strong that I almost fell back in the car.

“Woah,” I steadied myself and walked to the front door. Niall unlocked it and opened it for me. Ah, it’s so much warmer and cozier in here. I took off my jacket and hung it on a hook near the front door. “Anyone home?!” I called out. Someone came running down the hallway and I was faced with…HARRY!!!

“Oh my gosh, Harry! I’ve missed you!!!” He pulled me into a tight hug and swung me around. “Lily, I’m so happy to see you!” We stayed hugging for a while until it got awkward and I let go. “Let’s go sit on the couch.” He followed me and sprawled across. “Uh, move over.”

I pushed him over and he laughed at me as I sat next to him. “Do you mind me asking what happened?” I searched his face, which was full of fear. Eventually, his happy-self came back. “Well X gave me a note when you were in the hospital, er, um for the first time. She said she’d reveal herself if I met her, so I did. She didn’t actually reveal herself, she had a disguise.”

Oh, I hadn’t been expecting that. He shouldn’t have gone though! “Harry, you should’ve known from all those scary movies that she wasn’t going to give in to you so easily.” I playfully shoved him and giggled, “Silly Hazza.” He grinned and started tickling me.