Save You Tonight

(2 weeks later)

Niall's P.O.V.

"Perrie Edwards from Little Mix...on trial now! She's looking to a very long time in prison! We're all horrified that one of our fave girls was involved with hurting One Direction, One Direction's Niall Horan's girlfriend, Lily Carter, model Eleanor Calder, and 2 best friend teenage girls, Ashley Payne and Njeri Mellark. How is Little Mix going to move on? We'll find out next when we return."

I sat alone in my room watching all of this nonsense. There was literally nothing else on TV now. Everyone. Everywhere. All talking about Perrie and the rest of us. "How is Niall Horan handling the fact that his girlfriend has been in a coma for the past 2 weeks?"

That's what most of them were asking, but I never answered. I really didn't want to talk about it. It hurt enough already without the media constantly bugging me. My Lily...wordless, motionless. My whole world was ripped from me. Now I'm just stuck, stuck in an empty, dark hole..with no way out. She was my light...my everything. There's no point in doing anything now.

She's still in the hospital, of course, with her parents and a close cousin. I didn't really know her cousin very well; we were never introduced to each other. All I knew was that her cousin was almost the exact opposite..except for the hair type: curly. Lily doesn't have any siblings, so her cousin was the closest she had to a sister.

Lily's parents had suggested that I leave, get some rest. It wasn't like I'd be able to rest knowing that she was in a coma. Who would though? At first I'd told them "No way in hell", but her dad wasn't very happy with that response. So now I'm here without her...but her presense is almost everywhere.

In the living room, I see the random designs that she had painted on the wall. In the kitchen, there were blueberries in the refrigerator, her favorite fruit. In almost all of our bathrooms, she had atleast one sort of makeup or lotion in there.

And of course, her room had all the pieces that made her: her jewelry, her favorite books and movies, her art supplies, yearbooks, CD's, her camera, her piano books, her clothes that smell like her sweet scent, pictures of me and her together...

"Niall?" Zayn's head popped in my doorway, making me grab one of the pillows surrounding me and throwing it at him. "Hey! Was that necessary?!" I nodded my head and he sighed. "Come on, we have a rehearsal." I groaned and turned over, burying my face into the pile of blankets on my bed. "Mate, I'm sorry. I know what you're go-"

"NO YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M GOING THROUGH!! THAT'S BULLSHIT!" Zayn's hazel eyes widened at my sudden yelling, but then gave me a sad smile. "Lily would want you to go. It's not like she's not okay. She'll wake-" "No, no she won't. The doctors said she could be like this for weeks, months, years..." I stared at Zayn until I couldn't take it anymore.

The only sound filling the room now were my sobs. "Don't say that, Niall. You have to be positive for her. She loves you so much and I know she'd want you to keep your head up high. You just gotta believe." I slowly stopped sobbing as he came over and gave me a hug. "I guess I could call management and ask them to cancel." I shook my head and wiped the leftover tears away from my eyes. "No, I'll go."

*************************

"I don't want to listen to any music." I stated as Zayn drove me over to the studio. The others were already there waiting for us. Apparently, we were supposed to be there 30 minutes ago, but Zayn let me have some time.

"Niall...I know you don't want to hear this right now, but...all of us are suffering. Maybe not as much as you are, but we care deeply for Lily too. She's like our little sister. Harry felt shitty on his birthday when she wasn't there." I nodded, not really listening. They'd all tried telling me that they could understand my pain. They don't even know half of my pain..any of it really.