The Dress

"I cannot wait until you find the perfect wedding dress!" Ashley squealed, full of delight and Eleanor jumped up and down while we entered the boutique. This will be the 3rd bridal boutique we've been in today. I just can't find the right dress. 

 "I'm nervous," I replied, day-dreaming of Niall in his suit as I walked down the isle with my dad linking arms with me. Oh god, I know Niall will look irresistible. It's September 7th which means I have exactly one month until I get married. Last year, I would've thought a month was forever, but now I know it'll only feel like a week.

"Hello, what's your name? Do you have an appointment?" I smiled at the boy who was probably 25...and gay. "I'm Lily Carter. I have an appointment for...," I checked my phone to see the time and saw that I got here right on time, "...well now."

"Oh, fantastic!" He exclaimed and led me, Ash and El over to the entrance to a room with hundreds of wedding dresses. I'm already getting emotional! My mom was supposed to be here in 20 minutes, so I had some time to look on my own. Her input will really help me though. Maura is coming too!

"They're all so beautiful! Well...except that one." I laughed aloud at Eleanor's comment and the gay guy laughed along too. I eyed his name tag and saw that his name is Adrian...oh god...that's close to Adriana. Speaking of Adriana, the police haven't be able to find her yet.  "That one is lovely," Eleanor pointed to a dress and Adrian pulled it out to show me. I shrugged, seeing that it wasn't the one.

My dress needs to stand out from all the other ones. I want to feel absolutely beautiful in it. This day will be one of the most important days in my whole entire life. I will always remember October 7th, 2013 at 5PM on a Monday. "Hey, you have a visitor," Ashley poked my arm and I turned around to see Niall's mom, Maura. She brought me into a warm, loving hug and I grinned. I know who Niall gets his good hugs from.

"How've you been, darling?!" She wore an ectastic smile and I beamed. "Good, I just can't set my mind on a dress." "You can't settle for any dress though. It has to be the one!" Well, at least Maura understands me.

"What type of dresses are you interested in? Mermaid? A-line? Princess? Ball gown?" Adrian threw a bunch of different dress types at me and I couldn't recall what all of them looked like.

"How about you get her one of each of those styles and she can try them out?" Ashley suggested. Adrian looked to me for my approval and I nodded. He turned to go find dresses, but stopped and spun around to face me. "Sparkle or no sparkle?" By the way he said that, you can definitely tell he's gay. I don't have a problem with gay guys though. I think they're awesome.

"Sparkle, but not too much." He winked at me and answered, "Gotcha" before going back to hunt down wedding dresses. "I like him. I wanna see what he chooses!" Eleanor giggled. He returned with maybe around 50 billion dresses (I love to exaggerate) and my head was spinning. This is going to take the rest of my life!

Many dresses later, I got down to the final three that I needed to choose from. Two of which, I really loved, and the third, I wasn't as certain about but I still liked it very much. The third dress is actually silver instead of the traditional white.

It's entirely made of smooth satin except for the beaded, sparkly, dark silver-gray flower and leaves embellishments along the cinched waist line and the trail of the embellishments coming down from the sweetheart neckline. Its silhouette is princess and it owns a court train in the back.

The first one out of the two I love, is the simple yet elegant white color. The fabric of it is satin and organza, and it's a one-shoulder dress. It has many, pretty beadings areas of crystal flowers, especially the one-shoulder piece. This dress, like the other one, has a court train, except its silhouette is trumpet instead. It really is a picturesque work of art.