Hide & Don't Seek

I swear I just heard Niall call me Katy. Niall saw my face freeze and then he just laughed his head off. How was calling your girlfriend a different name funny? “You should see your face!” He continued laughing. “How is that funny, Niall!?” He stopped laughing and became serious.

“I was joking, love. You believe everything so easily, even after you said I joke too much.” He played with my hair as I slowly processed what he said. “Don’t do that again.” I demanded. “Sorry, I won’t ever again…but…” I kissed him so he would shut up, and thankfully it worked.

“But what?” I said afterwards. “Umm…” Niall was still dazed from the kiss. I nudged him, “Well?” He laughed and finished, “Your nickname could be Katy, since your middle name is Katelyn.”

I rolled my eyes and punched his arm. “Ow, isn’t it illegal to abuse your boyfriend?” I ignored him and jumped off the couch. “Let’s go!” I yelled, ready for adventure. “Go where?” Niall questioned. “Let’s get everyone and play hide and seek. We could have teams!”

I loved playing hide and seek with teams. It was so fun and because I was the smallest, I had more places to hide. “Yeah! That sounds fun!” Niall agreed, raising the volume in his voice out of excitement. Louis came out of nowhere and smirked. “Are you two finally gonna…?” He shoved me lightly and playfully. “No, you pervert!” I shoved him back hard causing him to stumble. “We’re playing hide and seek. You’re going to play.” He smiled and shrugged; he was definitely playing.

We found the rest of the boys and chose our teams. “Since I came up with the fantastic idea of playing this, I get to choose first. Obviously, Niall is going to be on my team so he doesn’t count. I choose…” Zayn cut me off, “It looks like you already chose one person, and he does count.”

I glared at him and he stopped talking. “I choose Harry.” I stated. Harry jumped up and down and joined me. “NOOO I WANT HAROLD!” Louis cried. I gave him a hug and said he had Harry too much. It was my turn to be with Harry. He continued whimpering and asked, “Can you just kick Niall off your team so I can be with you guys?” I looked to Niall and he shrugged, smiling. “Fine” I sighed and Niall went over to be with Zayn and Liam.

“YAY YOU’RE THE BESTEST FRIEND EVER!!” Louis screamed happily. “Okay, who’s hiding first?” Liam asked. “You guys can hide first if you want, but remember you all have to hide separately. Louis, Harry and I will each try to find one of you.” “Separately?” Zayn whined.

“I’ll get scared.” Liam hugged Zayn and whispered something to Zayn. I turned to Harry and Louis and whispered too. “If you find Zayn or Liam, you’ll know that the other one is close by.” They nodded.

“We’re gonna count now if you losers are ready.” They all glared at me except Niall. He winked at me and I blushed. “Enough flirting, let’s hide.” Liam spoke up. “Louis, wanna count?” His head bobbed up and down and covered his eyes. Harry and I covered our eyes too.

“ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR, FIVE, SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT…” Louis said at a calm speed, for once. “…ELEVEN, TWELVE, THIRTEEN, FOURTEEN, FIFTEEN, SIXTEEN, SEVENTEEN, EIGHTEEN, NINETEEN, TWENTY…” I think he was supposed to count to thirty. Hopefully I was right. I knew who I wanted to find first…Nialler. Niall was very good at hiding and making no noise.

He could stay in one place for hours, until he got hungry. “THIRTY!” Louis shouted. “I’ll check the kitchen and living room. Harry, you check the bedrooms, and Louis, check the bathrooms, and the game room. Afterwards, we’ll meet up here in the studio and see if we found anyone.”

I snuck off to find someone. I checked under couch cushions, pillows, blankets, chairs, tables, and behind the TV. I didn’t find anyone, until I heard someone laugh. It was Zayn’s laugh for sure. “Oh, Zayn…” I said. I saw something moving behind the curtain. I slowly pretended to look around in the kitchen, but obviously he wouldn’t be there.

Niall used to always hide in the kitchen, until he just stopped hiding and started eating. I went back to the living room and ripped the curtain away from Zayn behind it. No one was there anymore. That wasn’t fair, but I guess I didn’t specify rules.

I looked in the kitchen, really searching this time, and didn’t find anyone. There were a couple shadows, but they were just from random objects. Louis passed by and came to me. “Are they hiding outside?” I shook my head; they’ve never done that before. “I don’t think so.” He looked strange as if he was afraid of something. His eyes flickered around the house nervously. “Lou, what’s wrong? You look scared.”

His arms were stiff by his side. “I just heard something while I was looking around. It sort of freaked me out, but it was nothing. You know, just paranoid me.” I looked at him unsurely. Something was going on and he wasn’t telling me. “Where’s Hazza?” I asked making sure Harry was okay. “I saw him in Zayn’s room last.” I felt a random breeze blow through. That was very weird; it wasn’t like the doors or windows were open, I think.

Louis shivered, “You felt that too?” I said. “Yeah, I feel like we’re in one of those horror movies.” I laughed, “I know exactly what you mean.” Then, a door slammed and the floor squeaked. I automatically moved closer to Louis. “This isn’t funny, lads!” Louis looked angry now. I frantically eyed the room. “Let’s find Harry and get the hell out of here.” Louis ordered. He usually never cussed around me, but I guess it was the nerves.

I stayed right beside him and his arm was around me. We moved slowly and occasionally called, “Harry!” with a hushed voice. If I wasn’t so frightened, this situation would’ve been ridiculous and I would’ve laughed. Harry jumped out of Niall’s room, scaring the crap out of Louis and me. “What the f…uh fudge!” Louis shouted at Harry.

He glanced towards me with an apologetic look. “What’s the matter with you two? Did you see someone get murdered or what?” Harry questioned us. “Something’s going on; we need to get out of here, like now!” I grabbed his arm while he protested. “Harry, shut up and listen to me. We’re leaving, NOW.”

I held both Louis’ and Harry’s hand and rushed out the door. Louis dropped his phone on the way out and turned back to get it. “Love, you’re scaring me.” Harry whispered. “I’ll explain later; uh where’s Louis?!” Harry spun around and started freaking out. “Boo Bear! Where’d you go!?” There was no response. I started shaking, partly from being outside without a jacket, and partly from fear.

“Harry, I’m so scared.” He immediately came to me, put his hands on my shoulders, and looked me in the eyes. “Let’s get in the car and lock the doors.” He held my hand again and led me to the car. We practically leaped in and hurriedly locked all the doors. Harry checked in the back seat to make sure nothing was back there, after I insisted it.

We stared into each other’s wide eyes. I buried my face into his chest and tried not to cry. “I think I should go inside and see what’s happening. Lou could need me.” He started to unlock his door but I dug my fingernails into his arm. “Geez, watch it. That hurts.” I locked my hand onto his arm. “You better not even think about leaving me here alone.”

“Okay, I’m sorry. I won’t leave you.” Harry hugged me as I silently cried. Something banged on the window and we both grabbed onto each other, freaking out. It was Niall outside the car. “LET HIM IN!!!!” I screamed. As Harry started to open the door, something dragged Niall away, making me scream again. “OH MY GOD, HARRY HE’S BEING KILLED! YOU NEED TO GO SAVE HIM!”

Harry jumped out and ran to find Niall. I calmed down a little until I realized what I had just done. I’m all alone in this car and Harry’s door is still open. I reached out to shut the door, but someone grabbed my arm.

“Don’t be afraid, Lily. I’m here to protect you.” I shrieked as the stranger pulled me out of the car and back into the house.

I don’t wanna die. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don’t let me die.

____________________________________________

I have this feeling that all of my chapters end with a cliffhanger. I can’t help it though; it’s just too fun. Even though I wrote this, it still scared me as I was writing it. I love scary movies/books, but I still get really freaked out. Hopefully, everyone will be okay…but you know what they say…expect the unexpected. But, I'm not that mean so don't expect anything too crazy.

~Isabella:)