Songs, Tears, and Hugs

“FINALLY!” I loved make-up! “Hm, we need music playing in the background.” Ashley skipped into another room and came back with Louis. “What can I do to be of your service?” Louis bowed and I snorted. He winked at me and then waited for instructions from Ashley.

“Just sing random songs while I do Lily’s make-up.” He nodded and looked towards me. “Any suggestions, love?” I put on my thinking face and put my index finger on my chin. “How about Little Things? I don’t know why, I’m just in the mood for something sweet.” Louis laughed and rolled his eyes.

“Okay then. Are you sure you don’t want the others to come in and sing with me?” “Positive. I especially don’t want Niall in here. It’ll ruin the surprise.” He smiled, randomly whipped out a guitar, and began.

“Your hand fits in mine like it’s made just for me, but bear this in mind it was meant to be. And I’m joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks and it all makes sense to me. I know you’ve never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile. You’ve never loved your stomach or your thighs, the dimples on your back at the bottom of your spine, but I’ll love them endlessly.”

Meanwhile, Ashley was gently covering my eyelids with silver eye shadow. Afterwards, she used a black pencil for eyeliner on my top eyelid. She neatly put dark green eye shadow at the end corner of my eyes, adding color. Underneath, she spread a little silver eye shadow in the corner of my eyes. She let me do my own mascara though.

After my eyes were done, we listened to the ending of Little Things. “I won’t let these little things slip out of my mouth, but if it’s true, it’s you. It’s you they add up to. I’m in love with you…and all your little things.” Ashley and I clapped while Louis bowed. “Louis, I missed Niall’s part. Could you just sing his part again?” He shook his head. “Just tell him to sing it for you later. So, am I done or would you like another song?”

I crossed my arms and stared at him. “You’re quite the sassy one. I’m surprised Niall can deal with you.” He winked as I struggled to attack him. Ashley pulled me back. “Save it for later! Louis, stop trying to ruin my masterpiece or I’ll kill you myself!” She calmed down and continued her work. “Let’s choose your jewelry. You can choose another song for our servant to sing.”

Louis didn’t look too ecstatic about being called a servant. “EXCUSE ME BUT IT DOESN’T LOOK LIKE I’M BEING PAID. I COULD’VE WALKED OUT BUT I STAYED TO SING FOR YOU BOTH!” I just laughed at him; and he thought I was sassy. “Snap!” Harry came in and said. “THIS ISN’T A PARTY, HARRY! ONLY LOUIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE HERE! GET OUT!” Wow, I guess Ashley was just a tad bit irritated.

Harry didn’t take it too personally though. He went to her, kissed her on her cheek, and left. “Dang, girl.” Louis commented. I gave him a warning glance while Ashley gave him a death glare. I hope she won’t choke him because it looks like she could any second. “Louis, sing Summer Love. Ashley, let’s work on choosing jewelry.”

They both agreed. We quickly chose simple black studs and a sparkly black diamond necklace. It was my mom’s and I think it’s real. We finished so quickly that Louis hadn’t even started. He was just watching us. Ashley started to say something but I cut her off. Poor Louis didn’t need to be yelled at anymore, even though it was sorta funny.

“Lou, whatcha waiting for? We wanna hear your wonderful voice.” He grinned brightly and started. “Can’t believe you’re packing your bags, trying so hard not to cry. Had the best time and now it’s the worst time, but we have to say goodbye.”

“Don’t promise that you’re gonna write. Don’t promise that you’ll call. Just promise that you won’t forget we had it all…” Before I knew it, I started singing along with him. “Cause you were mine for the summer. Now we know it’s nearly over. Feels like snow in September, but I always will remember that you were myyyy summer love. You always will be myyyy summer love.”