Valentine's Day ♥ (Part 1)

"Lily," I heard an Irish voice sweetly whisper in my ear. I could tell I was awake, but I was too tired and lazy to answer. "Darling, wake up." "I don't wanna," I finally answered, thinking about never getting up out of my bed. Niall laughed and I smiled without opening my eyes.

"You'll want to when you see what I have for you." I instantly opened my eyes, not even regretting it when my eyes hurt from the brightness of the sun.

I looked beside me and noticed Niall grinning, holding a heart-shaped box and a bouquet of dark red roses. "What is this for?!" I said, appreciating it, but still pleasantly surprised. "Happy Valentine's Day, babe!" Oh wow...now I feel stupid.

"Haha, thanks. You too, Nialler!" I pinched his cheeky face lightly, making him laugh again. "Gotta get out of bed now! Today is gonna be a fun day!" Niall sounded so excited; it made me happier. I jumped out of my comfortable, warm, missable bed with the box and flowers, and set them neatly on my dresser.

"Hey, Niall?" I called out as I entered my walk-in closet. "Yeah?" "Should I be ready for a special event?" I walked over and peeked my head out, seeing him sitting on the end of my bed with his phone in his hand. His eyes were fixed on the screen as he ignored me.

"Niall?" He looked up briefly with a smile on his face, and then back to his phone. What was so important on his phone?! "Fine, I'll just wear sweat pants and an old t-shirt," I said loudly, rummaging through my hanging clothes.

"Sorry, babe! Um, wear something fancy," Niall replied after a while. That was definitely strange since he rarely got on his phone like that anymore.

"Okay, do you think I should call Ashley or someone to help me?" No response. "Niall..." I waited a whole minute before going back to my room, and seeing that he had left. I crossed my arms and trudged back into my closet. "I guess I'll just have to figure this out myself."

*****************************************

"Niall?!" I cracked my bedroom door open and looked out, hoping that he would be in the living room or somewhere close....but unfortunately, he wasn't. "Anyone out there?" "I'm here!" I was expecting my favorite, Irish accent to be heard, but instead, it was Harry's deep, British accent.

"Where's Niall?" "Oh, erm, he left to go somewhere." That sounded anything but assuring. "Is he going to come back?" I asked, feeling a little hurt now. It was Valentine's Day and I had no idea where my boyfriend was.

"Not sure. Did you need something?" He asked politely. "Yeah, um, could you tie this ribbon? For some reason, I'm failing at it." He nodded and I opened my door wider with one hand, while my other hand held the front of my dress up.

I felt Harry's smooth hands on my arms before he gently took the delicate ribbon between his fingers and started tying it into a bow. The process was longer than needed as Harry slowly looped the pieces, running his fingers up stomach, leaving one of his hands on my waist. This was so wrong and he knew it. Finally, he finished and his hands disappeared, making the uncomfortable atmosphere go away.

"Um, thanks," I said before making my way to my bathroom. That was really awkward! I began putting on makeup to match my dress, which was a champagne colored, flowy high-low dress with a ribbon sash above my waist, just above pretty ruffles in the front. I had nude colored heels to go with it.

"Need help with your hair?" Harry joked as he came into the bathroom. "Haha, very funny. Nope." I finished putting my eyeshadow on as Harry watched me curiously. "Thinking of putting some on?" I asked with a giggle. "Oh definitely," he chuckled.

"Should I put my hair up or leave it down?" "Leave it down!" He said a little too forcefully. "Gosh, okay then." I rolled my eyes and smiled at him before reaching down to get the straightener from beneath my sink. "Could I try it?"