Saying Goodbye

Niall’s P.O.V.

I had no idea who would’ve written such a cruel, terrible letter. What did it mean by backstabbing? Was someone I knew a traitor? It can’t be one of the lads; I trust them with my life. Ashley was new, but she was too kind to hurt anyone. Who did that leave then? I guess it could be someone from school, but why would they write this and how did they know about me wanting to marry Lily. I’d only told her a couple minutes ago. That meant they had been here, watching us.

Lily was sleeping, so I kissed the top of her head and left the room. “Louis?” He looked up, concerned. “Read this.” I handed over the letter and watched as he turned angry. “What the bloody hell is this?!” He passed it along to the others. “The doctor said someone left it for me.”

All of them looked pissed off. “Her…blood…” Liam said, looking sick. “I know; I thought everything would be fine now. The police would find whoever did this to Lily and it would be over. Apparently, someone is still out there hiding. This makes me so mad, because I just want to be happy and peaceful with Lily. She shouldn’t have to deal with all of this crap.”

They all nodded in agreement. “Has she seen this?” Ashley asked nervously. “Nope, I don’t think I should show her. I don’t want to make her upset; she’s already been through way too much.” Harry shook his head, “You outta show her, mate. She needs to know the truth, you know she hates lying. Just show her when she’s out of this place.”

I nodded and went back into Lily’s hospital room. This was going to be a long week.

Ashley’s P.O.V.

This letter is absolutely awful. Even when I think about it, it makes me disgusted. Who would do such a thing to Niall or Lily? They didn’t even do anything at all except show that they’re in love. What’s so wrong with that? There are some real crazy people in this world who get so jealous and ridiculous of other people’s happiness.

Harry squeezed my hand, noticing how scared I was. If this person was after Niall and Lily, they could possibly be after the rest of us too. I’d protect Lily, Niall, and anyone else here. “Love, do you wanna leave? I feel bad for asking, but you look exhausted and I’m sure Lily will be okay. Niall and Zayn are staying here over night, but you can go back with the rest of us.”

I didn’t want to leave Lily, she’s my best friend. “I feel like I should be here for her. I know she’d do the same for me.” Harry kissed my cheek and put his arm around me. “Alright, I’ll stay here with you. After everything that’s happened, I don’t want you out of my sight.” I smiled and leaned against him.

I’ve dreamed about being with Harry Styles for years now, ever since he went on the X Factor, and my dream is finally true. “I haven’t even told you how lucky I am to be with you, Harry. You’re a dream come true.” He grinned with his adorable dimples and the pad of his thumb brushed across my bottom lip in a gentle gesture.

“That’s the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard. You’re truly wonderful.”

Louis’ P.O.V.

I said my goodbyes to everyone and left to go home with Liam. Honestly, I’m a little afraid to go home, considering something dangerous happened outside. Luckily, our place is going to be more heavily guarded now. I cannot believe any of this happened, especially to innocent Lily.

“Once we get home, I won’t be able to sleep.” Liam simply stated, trying to not make it too awkward. “Same with me, mate. I think the only reason Lily’s asleep is because of the meds. I don’t think she’d be able to sleep otherwise.” He nodded and turned on the radio. As he pulled out of the hospital parking lot, I saw someone blonde who looked familiar. “Wait, Liam. I think I know her.” Liam stopped pulling out and we both gasped when we saw her face.