Lost & Found :)

“Come on, babe. You gotta go to school today.” Niall dragged me out of my bed causing me to almost fall on my face once the bed was no longer underneath me. “Okay, okay I’m up.” I stumbled to my closet and snatched the outfit that Zayn had helped me choose.

“I don’t feel like wearing toms.” I mumbled to myself and got out my Uggs, putting away my toms. I tripped on my way to the bathroom and Niall looked at me nervously. “I’m fine, just tired.” I tried to assure him everything was alright…but it was far from alright. I was going to die today…and I barely cared. I just can’t bear the thought of being without…Niall. My sweet, lovable Niall. At least my decision would prevent harm from coming to him.

I put light makeup on and threw my hair up into a sloppy bun, but I guess it looked sorta cute. I slipped on my clothes, which took about 5 minutes, and made my way to the kitchen. “Would you like me to make you something?” Liam asked thoughtfully. “I love you Liam. You’re the best brother ever.”

I hugged him and he stiffened, but eventually relaxed. “Love you too, but is something wrong?” “Let’s just forget this past year and rewind to when everything was happy. There were no worries and Harry, well he was still h-h-here.” I didn’t feel like crying so I forced the tears to stay in.

“Hey, don’t cry. Louis and I looked for him all night. We’re skipping school to try to find him. We WILL find him! The police know he’s gone and they’re working with us. You’ll have Niall and Zayn with you at school, so don’t be scared. You can call me too if you need to.”

I nodded and put a piece of bread into the toaster. “I miss Harry.” I whispered and got out the peanut butter. “I understand; I miss him too. We all love him, but it must be really hard for Louis and Ashley.” Poor Louis; he must be going crazy missing his Hazza.

The toast popped out and I grabbed it, but I accidentally touched the metal, burning myself. It didn’t hurt though, it felt…nice. I watched my finger turn bright red and smoke came up. “Geez, Lily! What are you doing?!” Liam pulled my finger away and quickly got out ice. What was I doing??

I flinched as the ice touched my burn, but pain apparently didn’t bother me very much anymore. “There’s something wrong and you’re not telling me what it is. Please just tell me, Lily. Don’t hurt yourself.” Liam was stressing out over me and it didn’t make sense.

Lily, stop being crazy! You’ll get through this because you’re strong! You’re not going to die and you’re going to tell Liam everything!” My heart was trying to tell me to believe that everything was going to be okay, but my mind reminded me that life isn’t that simple. I’m going through with my plan.

“I just didn’t feel the burn right away. Maybe my finger was just numb for some reason.” I tried to play it off as nonchalantly as I could. I didn’t need him to be suspicious or worried. “I’m serious!” Liam shouted at me and I stopped eating. “Hey, don’t yell at her!” Niall defended me and scowled at Liam. Liam apologized and left the kitchen to find Louis. “How are you feeling?” Niall held my hand and sat beside me.

“I’m just a little tired.” I responded and kissed his cheek. “What happened to your finger?!” Niall brought my hand closer to his face to inspect my finger but I got up and tugged my hand away. “It’s just a small burn. Nothing too serious.” I went into my room and got my heavy backpack and my phone, and then returned to Niall. “I’m ready to go.” “Aw, but I haven’t even eat…never mind. Okay, let’s go.”

The ride to school was silent, but it wasn’t really uncomfortable for me. Niall’s hand would twitch now and then from nerves, but he stopped by the time we got to the school. Ugh, I bet I had a lot of make-up work, but did I really care? I wasn’t going to live long enough to worry about it.