Niall

It was a Tuesday morning, a week after Christmas, and I felt dreadful. My time was spent between talking to Niall and kissing Harry. I was destroying Harry and Niall’s friendship! The day after Christmas, I had told them how I truly felt…

“Hey Nialler!” I skipped over to see what he was doing. He was in the kitchen making cookies, and it smelled so good! “Hey, Lily. What’s up?” I gave a sorrowful smile. Things were going well now, and I was about to ruin it with bad news. “Aww, are you alright?”

Niall stopped what he was doing and came over to hug me. I laid my head on his shoulder. “I think I’m ready to tell you and Harry how I feel.” Niall stiffened but then slowly relaxed. “Okay, go get him while I finish making these cookies.” I kissed him on the cheek to see his cute blush, and then bounced off to find Harry.

“Harryyy Styles! Where are you?” I entered his room. “Right here!” His arms went quickly around me. “I need to talk to…” I didn’t get to finish because he was kissing me. After a while, I pushed him away from me. “Aww! That’s not fair!” Harry whined. I covered his mouth with my hand and continued my sentence. “I need to talk to you about something. You have to come in the…”

He interrupted me again by kissing my hand. I pulled my hand away and finished. “You need to come in the kitchen!” He smiled,” Okay, can I tell you something first though?” I sighed, “Fine.” He smirked and kissed me again. I pushed him lightly with my hand, “Harry, seriously come on.” He pouted and followed me.

When we arrived in the kitchen, I thought I heard Niall mumble, “That took a while.” Harry winked at me and I looked away. “I’ll just wait for you to finish with that, Niall.” He nodded and finished a few minutes later. “Alrighty then.” They both turned to me expectantly. “

Niall.” He smiled. “Harry.” Of course he winked again. “I know that we’ve been through a lot recently. It’s mainly my fault.” Both of them tried to protest but I reached out covered their mouths. “I realized that I really like both of you. I can’t just choose between you guys automatically, because both of you mean a lot to me. If I choose one, I’ll lose the other and I don’t want that to happen, ever.”

“I’ve chosen to not choose either of you. I need a lot of time to figure everything out. I just want us to remain friends and not worry about dating. Is that okay?” Niall nodded and Harry smiled. “If friends kiss each other, then I’m perfectly fine with it.” Niall frowned and Harry stuck his tongue out. “Wow, be mature.” I rolled my eyes and both of them laughed at me…

Now, I’m just sitting on my couch. I’m at my own house now, and it felt good having silence. They weren’t here to tempt me to do anything crazy. They had been visiting me though, every single day. Niall came to watch movies and have fun, while Harry just came to kiss me and complain about how I wasn’t his girlfriend.

To me though, being with someone isn’t just about kissing. It’s about doing fun things with each other and caring about each other. Apparently, there was only one thing on Harry’s mind. So typical.

The doorbell rang, surprising me. I knew it was Niall, because Harry came yesterday. They’ve been switching off; I guess they planned that. I got up and opened my door. “Hey, Lily.” Niall came in and went to the couch. “What do you wanna do today?” He asked.

“I feel like watching a romance movie.” Niall smiled, “If that’s what you want.” I ended up choosing “One Day”. I always cried whenever I saw this movie. Niall’s arm was stretched out and it wrapped around me when I sat down.  After only 20 minutes of the movie, I looked up at him and he was watching the screen with real interest.

 Then, he glanced down to me and smiled. I smiled back and watched as he became serious. “Why so serious?” I said and laughed. We had watched Batman on Sunday. “Lily…” He looked nervous; his lip was quivering. I paused the movie and looked back up at him.

I was hoping he would say something funny to make it less serious, but he didn’t. He kissed me instead. I was so used to kissing Harry, but this kiss was different. It was lighter and sweet. Harry was always so focused, but with Niall it was just so natural and nice. There were so many emotions in it, but they weren’t forced at me like they were with Harry.

He didn’t rush like Harry did. When it came to Harry, I was the one to push him away. Niall was the one who slowly pulled away from me. Afterwards, he looked worried. “That was so…special.” I quietly said. He smiled and seemed satisfied with my answer. “Really, it was. It felt…right. I don’t know how to explain it.” I stopped talking and blushed. He lifted my chin up and his eyes gazed into mine. “Lily, I…”

Someone knocked at the door, interrupting Niall. “Hold that thought.” I went to the door and peeked out the window to see Louis. “Hey, what’s up?” I opened the door and Louis’ face was entirely full of concern. “It’s Harry. You guys need to come now.” A million things rushed into my mind all at once. “What happened?!” I was freaking out now. Niall ran to me and put his arm around my waist. Louis looked at the ground.

“He’s gone.”