They Don't Know About Us

"How does it feel starting your tour tomorrow?" I swirled around the cereal and the milk in my bowl while I talked to Harry. It was Friday, February 22nd; the day before their Take Me Home Tour started in London at the 02 Arena. I was happy for them; I just hated the thought of them leaving. I had to go back to school pretty soon, and I hated that thought too. "I'm bloody excited," Harry exclaimed loudly. I gave him a smile and soon the only sound in the room was my spoon against the ceramic bowl.

"What is that awful sound?" Liam asked as he walked over to the table. "Liam, I wouldn't-" "T-t-that's a-a-a-a-a s-s-p-p-oon-n-n." His teeth chattered as he gaped at the spoon in fear. "I'm sorry!" I called out as Liam literally ran out the door to get away from the spoon. "You might want to put that away before he comes back later and hyperventilates." Harry laughed and I rolled my eyes with a grin before getting up and putting it safely in the dishwasher. 

"Good morning, princess," Niall greeted me by pulling me into a big bear hug. "You're lazy. You know that, right?" Last night, we had all been losers and went to bed at 11. Harry and I woke up at 8, which was insanely early for him, and Niall just now woke up...at 11AM. "I know, but what time is it?" Niall stretched and I ruffled his hair. "You slept for 12 hours, Horan." "Oooh, dude, she never calls you by your last name. I'd be scared if I were you," Harry warned with a cheeky expression.

"I'm sorry, love. I was tired though." Niall apologized quickly and I giggled at him. "Did I really just scare you?" I continued giggling and Harry reached out, giving me a high five before going somewhere else. "Um, no. Why would I be scared?" Niall's cheeks showed me that he was blushing; he couldn't hide anything.

"Oh, Nialler. So, what were you thinking of doing today?" Niall had already planned out so many events this week for us to spend extra time together since I wouldn't see him for a while after he left London. "Could we go to Nando's? I won't be able to after today." He pouted, so I easily gave in. "Whatever you'd like," I answered with a smile.

"I'll go ask the lads if they want to come too." I nodded before Niall went off to find them. As soon as he disappeared, a phone started ringing. I searched around and saw Liam's on its charger. I suddenly felt uneasy when I saw who was calling. They probably found out about the proposal. It was management.

My fingers slowy inched towards Liam's phone, and I pressed answer on the touch screen. Cautiously, I brought his phone to my ear and held my breath. What would happen now?

"Hello, Liam." I froze as I heard a male's voice. I'd only met management once, so I didn't really remember any of them. "Uh-um-um," I stuttered  as I tried to find the words to say. "Who is this?" I breathed in and out before trying to voice a real answer this time. "Lily, Lily Carter." I tried sounding confident; I'm not sure if it worked though.

"Niall's fiancee?" What? Why didn't he sound angry? "Um, yes," was this conversation getting anywhere? "We just heard the news yesterday." I nodded until I realized that of course, they couldn't see me. "Oh," I replied almost soundlessly. "Ms. Carter, we know how close you and Niall are. Directioners have just started to love your relationship, but do you know how much this engagement will effect the boys' career?"

I gulped before making any sound. "I know that some directioners might be upset." "Not just some; the whole entire fandom will be split. They were already outraged when they found out that Niall had a girlfriend, but they will go insane when they find out about this. Have you told anyone else?"

 Niall and I hadn't even disgussed this. We hadn't told anyone yet even though I thought we should. I was actually thinking about telling them today. "No, only Niall and I know." "Know what?" I stayed perfectly still, too afraid to turn around and face Louis. I'm so screwed. "I'm sorry, but I have to go."