Taken (Part 1)

I tried to scream but the person covered my mouth. I hope this was just another joke, although it’s not funny. Suddenly, I felt pain spreading in the back of my head and my vision blurred. Then, all I saw was darkness and I couldn’t hear anything.

My eyes opened, and I didn’t know where I was or what day it was. I was clueless and that made it worse. I was in a dimly lit room, sitting on the floor, with my hands and ankles duct taped down. My mouth also had duct tape covering it.

I started hyperventilating and someone appeared before me. “Shut up and stay still.” The person was using a voice disguiser; how am I supposed to get out of here?!

I heard another voice approach. “What’s the time?” The person that had previously talked to me answered, “3:00”. Oh my god, I had been here for hours now. Unless, it wasn’t even Sunday anymore! My eyes swept the room and looked for an escape route. Across the room were stairs, but how would I get there anyways without them noticing?

I observed that there weren’t any windows or doors in this room. Maybe it was a basement in a house? But whose house?! I decided to try to listen to their conversation. “Is she the right girl? I thought the boss described her with blue eyes and she has brown.”

“Yes, she’s the right girl, you idiot. The boss said it might be hard to get her if she was with a boy with blue eyes. He would be protecting her, but obviously she was alone.”

They had to be talking about Niall. It’s a good thing that I was alone, because I didn’t want anyone to hurt him. “What are we supposed to do with her?” They moved further away, so it was harder for me to hear, but I still managed to hear some of it.

“We leave her here so the boss can deal with her. Remember, we don’t question the boss, ever!” “Should we knock her out again?” As soon as I heard that, I closed my eyes and pretended I was sleeping. I heard the smarter one mumble something and feet came closer.

“She’s not even awake now.” “Good, that makes our jobs easier.” What was their job?! Okay Lily, don’t let them know you’re still awake. Don’t freak out. Pretend you’re in your room and Niall is with you. He’s talking to you about food, as always, and you’re still together. Still happy and not heartbroken.

I heard them walk away and up the squeaky stairs. Squeaky stairs meant this place had to be somewhat old. Now I have to go into detective mode to save myself. My eyes popped open and glimpsed light coming from the top of the stairs. Should I run for it?

No, they’d catch me. I glanced around the room, like I did earlier, and noticed that there actually was a window but it was too high up. I knew I couldn’t jump and make it. I searched around with my eyes again and noted a chair in the corner of the creepy room.

If I could get out of this duct tape, I could quietly move the chair over to the window and try to escape. I kept rubbing my hand on the ground as the duct tape slowly peeled away. It hurt a lot, but I needed to get out of here. Ignore the pain, I told myself in my head.

I will get out of here! I dragged my hand across the ground faster and harder. After a few minutes, the duct tape peeled away almost completely and I yanked my hand away. My right hand was free! I ripped the other piece of duct tape off my left hand, and checked that no one was coming.

I leaned over and ripped the duct tape off my ankles. I heard ruffling upstairs, so I quickly laid the pieces of duct tape back on my ankles and hands. I lied back against the cold, hard wall and closed my eyes. I heard the door at the top of the stairs open and shut.

Loud feet stomped down the stairs. I tried not to let any of my tears escape. It sounded like more than one person was coming down the stairs. My eyes squinted and saw roughly about 3 people. “There she is, boss.”

“Do you know her name?” This voice sounded different and girly. I guess that was their boss? “I don’t know; you just told me to take her, not question her.” I heard a sound of someone shoving someone else and they fell on the floor with a thud.

“Don’t use sarcasm in your voice with me. You don’t want to know what will happen to you.” I know for sure that’s a girl’s voice. Who was it though? I feel like I’ve heard her voice somewhere before.

Someone came close to me and touched my cheek. “Is she asleep?” It was the girl who’d gotten closer to me. “Yeah, she woke up an hour ago but fell back asleep.” “How do you know she isn’t awake?!” The girl poked my cheek again and kicked my leg.

She had kicked hard and my eyes opened with a start. “Well, she’s awake now.” A tall guy mumbled. “WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT SARCASM?! TAKE HIM UPSTAIRS!!!” The girl yelled to the other guy in the room. Both of the guys disappeared and the girl stared at me. Why did her blonde hair and round face look familiar? The shadows were helping hide her identity.

“Stupid freak.” She snapped and kicked me again, but even harder this time. I grunted and winced. Maybe I could take her? She looked pretty short, but she could be strong. “You ruined One Direction and you’re gonna pay you little b****.” I imagined a bleeping out of her cuss word.

I know, I’m pathetic but I don’t like cussing. It’s stupid and immature. She ripped off the duct tape that had been on my mouth, and I cried out in pain.

She sneered seeming to enjoy this. She walked away and was almost at the steps, when I quietly jumped up and ran towards her. I tackled her and her head hit the bottom step. “What the f...” I pushed her away, cutting her off in the middle of saying another cuss word.

She came back towards me and scratched my arm while I shoved her on the floor. I grabbed the chair and swung it over to the window. She was still on the ground, but she was starting to get up.

I picked up the chair and smashed it against the window. The window easily broke and I put the chair back on the floor. I wasn’t paying attention and gasped as she pushed me on the floor. “Where do you think you’re going?!” She kneed me in my stomach and I was suddenly gasping for air.

Surprisingly, I got up enough strength and punched her jaw. I almost laughed, but decided it wasn’t exactly the right time to be laughing. She was still lying on the ground as I hopped up on the chair. I leaped for the window and grimaced as my stomach hit a shard of glass.

Tears streamed down my cheeks but I ignored them. My head and arms were outside though, touching soft grass that reminded me of how soft Niall’s hair is.

I felt her grab my leg and I kicked violently. As soon as I felt her let go, I pushed myself out and felt the glass cutting deeper into my stomach. Finally after struggling for a couple seconds, I was free. My head snapped down and saw blood staining my shirt. I couldn’t focus on that right now though, I need to leave.

I ran as fast as I possibly could, grimacing through the pain. I didn’t know where I was going; I just needed to get away from that place. I spied a gas station and sprinted for it. I entered it and the guy running the place had wide eyes. “I need a phone!” He handed his over, still shocked from the bloody mess I was. I dialed Niall immediately.

__________________________________________________

So, I updated early! This is just part 1! I’ll update the next part tomorrow! This is getting pretty intense! Love it? Hate it?

~Isabella:)