Trust Issues

I tried closing the door as quietly and quickly as I could. I peered out of the window to make sure they didn’t hear me. Unfortunately, I’m the most unlucky girl in the universe. I watched as Harry came up to the door, his green eyes wide with shock. He had heard me shut the stupid door!

I hurriedly locked it and bolted off to find Niall. I could hear Harry banging on the other side of the door and yelling, “Lily, let me in!” I kept going without turning back, giggling as I searched for Niall.

“Nialler, where are you?!” I glanced to their backyard and saw him with the rest of the boys. I also saw his phone lying on the table. He had an iPhone, so lucky. Right as I walked by it, it buzzed softly. I had never looked through his phone before, but something compelled me to.

I picked it up, sighing when it asked for a password. It had to be a word. I typed “Niall” and it denied me. I tried the other boys’ names and it denied them too. I even tried “food” but it wouldn’t work. Hmm, maybe I could try my name. I tried “Lily” and it worked! Aww, he was sweet.

The message was from Harry. “Tell your girlfriend to let me in!!! PLEASE!!” I laughed, he was never getting in. I put the phone down and started to head to the TV, but Niall’s phone buzzed again. Wow, Harry must be desperate. It said, “Hey cutie. I had fun the other day. We should hang again ;)”.

Um, hopefully that wasn’t from Harry. I looked at the number and it was unknown, but there had been other texts from that person. “Heyy! I miss you ;)” and “I need you now ;)”. My blood started to boil and I felt like throwing his phone across the room. WHO WAS TEXTING HIM AND WHY DID THEY SAY THEY WANTED TO HANG “AGAIN”!!!!!!!!! He was going to tell me who it was!!

I couldn’t believe he had been cheating on me! Well, we had technically only been a couple for a little less than a day, but it still hurt. I charged to the back door and threw it open. All eyes turned to me. “Um, hey love. What’s wrong?” Niall asked innocently. “YOU’RE A LIAR!” I screeched.

Before he could answer, I turned around and slammed the door as hard as I could. I sat on the couch crossing my arms, grabbing the iPod I had gotten Harry, putting the headphones in, and turning the music up all the way. I crossed my arms again and sat there staring at my purple fingernails.

I didn’t hear Niall come in, and flinched when he touched my arm. I ignored him and tried to focus on the music. Niall annoyingly took the headphones out of my ears and turned the iPod off. “Lily” I continued to stare at my fingernails, and noticed that the nail polish had chipped off on my pinky.

“Please tell me what’s wrong. I promise you can trust me.” I almost laughed at how ridiculous that sounded. “Yeah, I can really trust you when you’re sneaking around and cheating on me.”

That earned me a confused face from him. “What are you talking about? I’d never cheat on you.” He tried to hug me but I moved away from him. “You know I love you.” He added. “Not anymore.” I replied. Don’t cry. Don’t cry. Just don’t. I pleaded to myself.

“Lily, I love you. I love you, I love you, I love you. I would never look at anyone because you’re always on my mind, where you’ll stay forever.” He leaned over the back of the couch and kissed my cheek. “You were texting some girl. She was asking when you guys could see each other again. That’s called cheating you know.”

“Were you looking through my phone?” He didn’t even sound worried or nervous. I guess he didn’t care that I found out. What a jerk. “Lily, I don’t know who she is. I’ve been getting texts from her every day but I have no idea who she is, or how she got my number. I never answer her, but she won’t stop bothering me.” He had to be lying, right? “Are you sure?” I asked.

“Positive, you should trust me. I would never ever cheat on you, or even think about cheating on you.” He sat beside me and grasped my shaking hand. “Do you trust me?” His blue eyes searched my face. I nodded and laid my head into his chest. His warm hand grazed my back, calming me.

“How can you be so perfect?” I mumbled. He laughed and answered, “I could ask you the same thing.” I rolled my eyes and jumped when I heard someone stomp into the house. “LILY, I COULD’VE DIED OUT THERE! YOU’RE SO MEAN!” Harry glared at me and Ashley shrugged while smiling at me. “Sorry Styles, but your little show out there scared me to death.” Ashley blushed, her face now redder than an apple. Harry nonchalantly shrugged and winked at Ashley.

Then he roughly grabbed her and started kissing her loudly. “Gross, please get a room.” He let go and Ashley looked out of breath. “I, um, have to go now. See ya later!” Ashley went outside with Harry following her. Even though they were already outside, you could still hear them kissing messily.

“You know, we should do that sometime.” Niall said excitedly. I gave him a look that said “are you crazy?!” He laughed at me and said, “Joking, but seriously, I wanna kiss you right now.” I laughed once and ruffled his hair before he kissed me. It wasn’t as energetic as Harry’s and Ashley’s, but it still made my heart beat extremely and unusually fast.

I’m surprised it didn’t shake the whole house. Niall pulled my face closer to his and held onto my hair with all his strength. Although it didn’t hurt, I thought he was literally going to smash my face into his skull. Thinking about that image made me laugh again, but it was weird laughing while kissing.

Niall pulled away, his face amused and his eyes alive. “What’s so funny exactly?” He asked. I continued to laugh until my stomach hurt. “Should I be worried, love?” I shook my head and my laughter died down. “You’re so cute and your laugh is amazing.” Niall grinned at me. “I’m jealous of your adorable accent.” I replied without thinking. Then I blushed and Niall said, “Your American accent is hot though.”

“Such lies, my “accent” is plain and boring.” Niall shook his head and rolled his eyes. “Believe me, my cute little American.” Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. “Be serious; you joke too much.” Niall’s expression became evil. “Oh, really?” I giggled, “Pretty much.”

Niall’s fingers tickled my cheek, “I love you, Katy.”

 Hold on a sec, what did he just call me!?

________________________________________

Drama constantly, I love it! Haha Niall better run because I have a feeling Lily isn’t gonna be too happy with him. May the odds be ever in his favor…. :)

~Isabella:)