The Wedding (Part 1)

(9:04AM: Australia Time)

This was it; today is my wedding day. Most brides would be overjoyed, terrified, sick, and nervous or they’d be pacing back and forth while freaking out. I, on the other hand, am actually taking this quite well. “MOM, WHERE ARE MY SHOES?!!! I NEED THEM OR I CAN’T GET MARRIED!!” Okay, so maybe I have too much faith in myself. “Lily, they’re right over here.” She got up from her chair and slowly walked over to a couch where they were lying in plain sight.

She came back and handed them to me with tears in her eyes. Everyone has been emotional today, especially me. I can’t believe I’m getting married today! I will become Lily Kaitlin Horan…wow, what a boring name except for the new surname I’ll be attaining. “You’ll put that pretty dress on real soon,” Veila reminded me with a grin. “I know!” I squealed. So, I go from insane to excited in about 5 minutes…seems legit.

"Stay still,” my mom’s friend ordered; she was the one who was creating my masterpiece of a hairdo. She’s a really great hair stylist. “Harry texted me saying Niall is acting about as crazy as you are,” Ashley giggled and Gemma bit her lip, trying to hold in a laugh. “Oh, shut up. I’m not that crazy.” I got stares of disbelief from everyone and sighed. I was wrong.

“Hey, do you want an apple or something to satisfy your hunger? You haven’t eaten since lunchtime yesterday, and even then you barely ate.” Eleanor’s eyes were anxious and I shrugged lightly. “Get her a cookie,” Dani suggested. “DANI!!!!!!” I shouted as she entered the room, playing with her recently-straightened hair. My mom’s friend let me very carefully hug Dani and then I was forced to go back to sitting in that uncomfortable chair.

“How have you been, babe?!” El exclaimed. “Lovely; everything’s been good,” Danielle smiled and her warm, brown eyes lit up, but I sensed something strange going on. “Something wrong?” She glanced at me and her expression saddened. “I’m not certain of what’ll happen when, um, Liam sees me.” It was clearly still hard for her to talk about him, and it made me worried to think about it.

“I think he still love you, Dani,” Ashley spoke quietly. “I don’t know about that,” Dani answered. “Hey, I actually found a cookie!” Alanah rushed over and put a double-chocolate chip cookie in my hand, and my eyeballs almost popped out of my skull.

“Don’t look so scared,” Waliyha teased. “And your hair is done!” My mother’s friend, I feel bad about not knowing her name, gave me a mirror after I finished my delicious cookie and spun me around in the chair so that I’d be able to see my ‘do by using another, larger mirror behind me.

“Wow, how did you do that?! It looks amazing, really! Thank you!” “It wasn’t too challenging,” she beamed and the other girls around me complimented my hair. My dark brown hair, with reddish highlights that I'd gotten two days before, was wrapped around into an elegant, braided crown with pieces that are referred to as ‘falling out’ that were curled. “Do you know what time it is now?”

“ADVENT-” “If you say ‘Adventure Time’, I will shove my fist down your throat,” Ashley threatened me. No one said anything until a random voice rang throughout the room. “Well damnstagram.” “HARRY, YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE!!” I yelled as loud as I could.

“I thought only Niall wasn’t supposed to,” he peeked his head in the room from where he was at the front door, and pouted. “Don’t worry; I’ll beat him up,” Gemma stood and Harry’s head instantly disappeared. “I’ll see you girls later!” He shouted as he ran away.

“What a wimp,” my mom observed, making all of us laugh. “Hey, where’s the loo?” Veila inquired. “Out the door, down the hall, first right,” I instructed her. “Thanks,” she nodded and swiftly exited. “Okay, so rewinding a little; it’s time to do your makeup!”