Turning Into Louis?

"Open it," he urged. Inside was a gorgeous, silver ring with beautiful diamonds of many sizes in the center....

"Oh my god, Niall." I didn't have any other words. It was hard to even think of what the right thing was to say. This was above and beyond anything I could've ever imagined receiving. "Do you like it?" He hoped nervously. "Yes, this is so beautiful. I can't believe this though.

I don't deserve anything this special, Niall." I really hope he didn't spend too much money on it. Oh who am I kidding? Of course it probably cost him like a bajillion pounds!

"Lily, you silly girl. You already know I'd do or buy anything in this world for you. I wanted to make today the best, especially since it's your 18th birthday." A wide smile stretched across my face and I could feel my dimple pop out. "You remembered." "You really thought that I would forget? Don't you have any faith in me at all?" "Not really," I joked causing Niall to raise an eyebrow. I really wish I could do that.

"What?" Niall asked when he noticed me staring at his face. "How do you raise only one eyebrow like that? Did you like practice or something?" Niall shook his head at me and chuckled. "You are definitely one of a kind, babe. Oh, that reminds me..." I pondered what he meant as he carefully picked up the ring from its position in the velvet box. "Look at the inside of the ring."

He handed me my ring and my eyes travelled the inner loop of the ring. Inside, I could see cursive words. "Read it," he told me. The print was tiny, but I had good eyesight. "For My Beautiful Soulmate," I read out loud. "Niall, you really are sappy." I poked his arm as I teased him, but the whole message meant a lot to me. It's hard to imagine that I actually have someone like him, and that he is doing all of these things just for me.

"I know," he sighed to himself. "Aww, I like it though. You should be happy that I think you're such a sweetie." He smiled adorably with his braces. "Niall?" I questioned with wonder. "Hmm?" "When are you getting your braces off?" It's almost hard to recall the days when he didn't have them on. It's crazy that I've known him and the boys for about 3 years now. "I'm not sure yet. I'll have to ask when I go to my next appointment."

"Okay," I said quietly before yawning. "Knackered?" Niall brushed my hair away from my eyes as wind blew by and got my hair in my face. "Yep, a little bit." Niall brought me closer to him and then moved across the branch I forgot we were on and to the ladder. "You better wake up sleepy head. This night isn't over yet." I was sorta surprised by his sudden sassy attitude, but then I remembered earlier with the older lady. Maybe he was turning into Louis?

I shuddered at how scary that sounded, and then laughed at my thoughts. Niall was already at the bottom of the tree and waiting for me to climb down. I was a bit worried that I'd completely fall, but I wanted to get to Niall quickly so I successfully made my way down. "Here, hop on." Niall bent over and I wrapped my arms and legs around him so he could give me a piggy back ride.

This reminded me of when we were just simple friends. We used to do so many weird yet fun things. It was the same with Harry. He and I were even closer than Niall and I at one point. There's been a lot of change in the past 3 months. Niall's strong arms held me up easily and we made it to the car in just about 5 minutes.

"Another adventure?" I eagerly bounced in my seat. "Yes, and you'll love it."

**************************************************

"Everything is too...quiet," I observed as we arrived back at the boys' place. I don't think I'm going back to my own house for a while. "It is night time," Niall answered. "Really? I hadn't noticed." Niall laughed for a second at my sarcasm before slowly stepping up to the front door. "You're acting like there's a murderer in there."