A Traitor

"We've been searching for hours now. It's almost 1 in the morning." Zayn complained. He was sitting in the back with Justin, who had been silent almost the whole time. Zayn had been irritated ever since Niall had picked him up.

I didn't feel like asking him about Ashley, but I kept giving him worried glances and he'd just look somewhere else like he knew what I'd seen. Where was Ashley now though? Surely Zayn wouldn't have just left her there without a way to get home.

"This is Eleanor we're talking about. I'm not giving up, but if you want to then we can drop you off here." I turned around to glare at Zayn, making sure he understood how serious I was. We drove down a road that was close to Ed's house.

X had told Justin and me to look inside of his house, but Niall said it was too dangerous and that X was lying. "We should really go back. Ed wouldn't mind, right?" I said softly to Niall. His eyes remained focused on driving, but I knew that he was considering my suggestion.

"But what if..." He stopped and looked at me for a second with fear in his ocean blue eyes. I lightly grabbed his hand and held it in mine. "I promise that nothing bad will happen." I wasn't exactly sure of my promise to him, but I hated to see him afraid. It reminded me of when I was going back to school after X had taken me and he had told me that I would have a good day at school...before I tried to kill myself.

 "Okay," he quietly agreed and turned the car around. "Did you hear from Liam?" I asked. Niall's head bobbed up and down. "He's behind us," Niall answered. I smiled at the brief "Twilight" moment when Bella was trying to get away from James and Edward told her that Emmett was behind them.

"So when we get back to Ed's house, we'll split up into groups?" Justin asked timidly. Both Zayn and I turned to him incredulously. "What?" His brown eyes looked from me to Zayn anxiously. "Haven't you ever seen a scary movie?" Zayn said first. "Yeah, you should never split up!" I continued, agreeing with Zayn for once today. "Oh," Justin looked down at the floor of the car and my expression softened. Why did he seem so...sad?

 "Something wrong, Justin?" I stared at him concerned until he met my eyes. "I just feel like there's no way I can help you guys. I don't even know Eleanor and I don't want to get in your way. What if I make things worse?" What happened to the self-confident Justin??

"You've helped a lot so far. I don't know what I would've done without you." I heard Niall clear his throat loudly and I turned to see jealousy burning in his eyes, even though he wasn't looking at me directly. I really wish boys weren't so stupid, even if I do love Niall. I focused back on Justin and he had a smile on his face. Was he trying to make Niall jealous?

 "We're here," Niall announced, sounding relieved that I wouldn't be talking to Justin for very long. As the car stopped, I jumped out and ran into the enormous house with the boys following me. Inside, it looked empty of people, making it appear even larger.

I stood off to the side, waiting for the boys to fully catch up to me. I didn't know I was so fast. I guess I had taken track when I was a freshman though and I'd been pretty good at it. I noticed Liam behind them when they reached me. "Hi Liam." I greeted warmly. I went closer to him, giving him a hug.

When we let each other go, Niall's jealousy returned. I giggled, giving him a hug too. He pulled me close to him immediately and buried his face into my neck. His hand pressed onto the small of my back.

 My arms went around his neck and I enjoyed his sweet scent filling the air I breathed. His lips kissed my cheek when I let go, and I felt light-headed. "Are...um, Harry and Louis coming here?" Niall noticed how freaked out I was, so I he reached out and held my hand. It felt good to be hand in hand with him again. His warmth radiated off of him and his softness made everything appear more peaceful.