Not That Bad

“You know, I’ve seen that girl so many times already. Maybe my mind is just playing tricks on me, but her last name is Edwards. Doesn’t that seem a little suspicious, Niall?” I had just gotten off the plane and immediately called Niall to tell him I was here. It’s overwhelming being in the U.S. by myself.

My parents are here, but not in the same state. “It does actually, but I don’t think you need to worry about her. Maybe seeing her was just a coincidence, but if you want me to, I'll talk to management about getting security to keep an eye on her for you.”

“Thanks, I’d appreciate that. So, when are you coming ‘cause it’s sorta awkward being here alone.” “I’ll be there in about 5 minutes. I can’t wait to see how beautiful you always are.” I blushed even though Niall was only on the phone with me.

“Aw, I love you. Wow, it feels weird being in California. I haven’t been here in the U.S. for years.” It was August 8th and the boys were at their last venue of the Take Me Home Tour. They had tonight’s gig and then 2 more before it was all over.

I could tell they were going to miss performing for directioners, but I could also tell that they were happy to finally relax. Sometimes, you could see how exhausted they were on stage, especially if the concerts were back-to-back like these last ones. I knew they wanted to end their tour with a bang though, so they were going to give their all, which they did anyways.

“I’m here, bring yo stuff ova.” Wtf, Niall went all ghetto on me?! “You better not be using that ratchet talk with me.” I snapped my finger like Louis would and I knew Niall could hear it through the phone. He started laughing, and it was weird because it was like I could hear it for real too. “Turn around,” he ordered into the phone.

I hung up and knew he was behind me, so I spun around and ran towards him. He engulfed me into a huge, warm, loving hug and took my bags from me. “How have you been? I know you’ve finally started working out. Gosh, you got a little bit of muscle there. Aw, you’re not entirely pathetic anymore.” I giggled while Niall rolled his eyes with a smile. “We all have and damn, Liam is built up.” I widened my eyes and moved ahead to stand in front of him.

I put my hand out and touched his chest with my palm, stopping him. “Excuse me, but we do not cuss.” I gave him a stern look but he just grinned back like a child who didn’t care that they were caught misbehaving.

“Sorry…mother.” Niall laughed loudly at me and I just continued walking, ignoring his last comment. “I wish this tour didn’t have to end, but we do have a big event in just about 2 months.”

Niall winked at me, but I just gulped. He was talking about our wedding. Truth is, I was beyond nervous. I felt like we still had to plan so much and it was just so stressful. I’d already picked out the bridesmaid dresses with Ashley and Eleanor and they were gorgeous.

Niall and I had chosen where the wedding would happen and we’d already sent out invitations to everyone we were inviting. We still had to choose the décor, food, wedding cake and where the reception would be.

Niall said the honeymoon would be a surprise, as expected. He just loved making surprises for me when he knew how much torture I go through without knowing things. In case you’re wondering, Ashley is the maid of honor and Harry is the best man. It’s almost crazy how this happened.

Last December, I couldn’t choose between Niall and Harry, and now one is almost my husband and the other is the best man. I never thought I’d be getting married this year. I’m only 18, but I especially know that love makes you do things that you never thought you would.

“Hey, where are you going?” I faintly heard Niall ask. I snapped out of my thoughts and saw that I was heading in the wrong direction. Oh god, this happens a lot now since I can’t stop thinking about the wedding for a second. “Oh, sorry,” I mumbled, following Niall. “It’s the wedding, isn’t it?” Niall had guessed correctly. I’m sure he didn’t have to guess though; he already knew.