The Date

“Get away from me right now! I know karate and I’ll freaking karate chop the crap out of you!” I squirmed away from the stranger and spun around to face them. It surprised me when I was suddenly gazing into sparkling blue eyes. “I don’t wanna stay away from you and I know for a fact that you don’t know karate.”

Niall wrapped me tightly in a warm, loving hug that I had so desperately needed. “You scared me.” I whimpered. He poked my cheek and laughed. “Sorry, love. You look beautiful and flawless as always.” His eyes ran down my dress and he grinned.

“Thank you, babe. I’ve missed you.” My eyes scanned his tuxedo. He looked amazing and I couldn’t help but smile. “You look absolutely marvelous.” I giggled at my choice of word while he smirked and shook his head. “Thank you. Shall we?” We linked arms and entered.

I followed him to a medium sized, square table covered in expensive white cloth that was most likely worth more than the whole United States. Okay, I love to exaggerate. Niall was a cute gentleman and pulled out my chair for me. “Thank you.” A waiter handed us the menus and I quickly searched through it. “Have you been here before?” I asked Niall curiously. “Nope, but Liam has with Dani. He said there was great food here.” “Oh right, it’s all about the food.”

He rolled his eyes and continued looking through the menu. “What are you gonna get, love?” Hmm, it’s too fancy here. Almost all of the food is in French or something. “Are we in another country? I can’t read this stuff!” Niall chuckled at my complaining.

“Well, there’s spaghetti and I know you love that.” “Alright, sounds good to me!” “You’re adorable.” Niall commented. “Why, thank you. So are you.” He smiled radiantly right as the waiter interrupted our special moment. “What may I get you two to drink this evening?” Wow dude; Nice French accent, I thought to myself. I’m so glad I didn’t say that out loud.

Niall opened his mouth, “I’ll have water please…Lily?” Wow, this is like the first time ever when Niall has gotten plain, boring water. “I’ll have water too.” I really wanted lemonade, but lemonade probably wasn’t fancy enough for this place. I bet they used “crisp, clear, smooth, purified water”.

“What are you thinking about? You look like you’re deep in thought.” “Oh, I was thinking about how they probably have crazy expensive, extra special, rich people water.” Niall quietly laughed at me while I frowned. “Why the sad face, love? I wasn’t making fun of you; you’re just really cute and funny.” That made me smile and I forgot why I had even frowned in the first place.

The waiter came back with our waters and asked if we would like any appetizers. Niall, please don’t order everything on the whole menu, I thought to myself. Niall nodded towards me and I shook my head. “We would like to try Olive Breadsticks, please.” He was so polite, it was almost unbelievable. Usually, he’s hyper and wild, but I guess he’s calmed down.

The waiter left and a waitress came to give us plates and silverware. “Here you go!” She said with a thick French accent like the waiter. She seemed nice until she winked at Niall. I was ready to rip her eyes out when Niall spoke. “I’d appreciate if you wouldn’t wink at me. It makes me feel utterly uncomfortable, and I’m sure my wonderful girlfriend doesn’t approve of it.”

I smiled widely at her ugly face and she walked away. “Thanks, Niall. You just saved her life.” He grinned, “No problem. I could tell that her life was in danger and I decided that I didn’t want us going to jail on our first real date.”

“I’m just wondering, why did you choose Olive Breadsticks?” He simply smiled and stated, “I knew you wouldn’t want something too “French” and I thought they sounded American enough.” “Aww, thanks. You could’ve gotten something else if you wanted though.”