Lightning Bugs

"Niall, this blind fold is uncomfortable," I complained again for the fifth time. "But you have to keep it on, love." I sighed and tapped my fingers on the car window. I really want to know where we're going and why he hasn't said anything about the "I want to marry you" thing. It's really stressful not knowing what he's thinking. He isn't giving me any hints on how he's feeling, so what am I supposed to think?

"We're almos-" "Really?!" I interrupted excitedly. He laughed and I felt the car turn sharply to the right, making my body unexpectedly shift the opposite way. I rammed into the car door and cried out an "ouch" as he began laughing louder and more obnoxiously.

"Niall, don't laugh at me! It isn't funny!" And yet, he still continued laughing his cute little irish self off. "When I can see you, I'm going to kill you." "Oh babe, you wouldn't hurt a fly." I sighed again knowing that he was right about that, well most of the time.

"Nialler?" "Yes?" I paused and waited to figure out how to say this. "Lily?" I felt around until I reached his hand with my fingertips and he moved, entwining our fingers together. "Did you hate it?" Another turn from the car almost sent me flying, but I successfully held my ground this time. "Hate what, babe?"

"My singing..." He scoffed at me and replied, "Now why would I ever hate your beautiful voice? I don't get teary eyed from singing all the time." His voice got quieter and I realized how much it had all meant to him.

"Your voice always gives me chills, Lily, but this time...it was different. I really connected with you and the amount of...power your voice had was truly wonderful. You amaze me. Every single day, I find another way to love you more, and it makes me happy. You're unique in that way, always surprising me." I stayed quiet as his words filled me up. I would do anything for him. I love him, really love him, more than anything. It's strange because I'm only 18.

I never knew what love really felt like before Niall. I love my family and friends, but with them, it's very different. I love them because they love me and they always make me feel good about myself. They care about me and I care about them.

I always know I have them. When I'm without them, I always miss them, but with Niall, it's like I can't breathe when he's away. I need him for me to stay alive and complete. Whenever we're together, it's like there's no one else in the world. Everything just disappears and it's only his sweet, irish voice melting me, and his deep blue and green eyes mesmerizing me.

"I love you, Niall." I wasn't just saying those special words without a reason. It wasn't like it was a habit. It's just every time we talk, every time I look into those stunning eyes, every time we hold hands or touch, I'm reminded why I'm here.

Why I'm so lucky to be with someone like him. It's like I'm falling in love with him all over again. The feeling will never go away. I still get butterflies in my stomach and I blush when I think about him. I feel shy, scared, nervous, just like everyone else.

I worry about all the little things, but in the end, he makes me feel like I can be anyone I want to be. I'm self-confident when I'm with him...and something I never felt before I was with him...pretty. I finally feel pretty whenever I'm around him. He makes me believe in myself like no one else.

"I love you too, Lily." Hearing that from him made me feel infinite. "Babe, guess what?" "What?!" "We're h-" "WE'RE HERE?!" My hands shot up to fling the blind fold of but Niall was obviously paying attention, and he beat me to it. "No, Lily! Keep it on!" I sunk down into the seat and pouted.

"I just really want this to be a good surprise." I silently waited for the car to come to a stop, and then stayed still as Niall unbuckled my seat belt for me. He carefully pulled me out of the car and put his right arm around my waist, keeping me steady so I wouldn't fall. "Just keep walking," he advised.